Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,293 Posts
Thank DJ for these diagrams! Does anyone know where on the truck the 8-way engine on/off connector is, that GEN 1 and 2 go through before the alt connectors? I wonder if I forgot to reconnect that when we dropped the cab :please:. I am looking at the diagram below

Wiring Diagram - 2005 Powerstroke 6L - F-Series - Dual Alt - Full.pdf

Reactions: djmaguire

·
Premium Member
5,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I haven't touched the connector that you are seeking, but itwould have to be in the driver side fender well area. It'd be crazy to be placed anywhere else.

Reactions: 2006PSDSD

·
Registered
443 Posts
Here are:
Wiring Diagram - 2003 Powerstroke 6L - Single Alt - Full.pdf
Wiring Diagram - 2003 Powerstroke 6L - Dual Alt - Full.pdf
Wiring Diagram - 2004 Powerstroke 6L - F-Series - Single Alt - Full.pdf
Wiring Diagram - 2004 Powerstroke 6L - F-Series - Dual Alt - Full.pdf

Enjoy!
thanks man that is awesome

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry to butt in...Newbie to the site BUT I own a Fleet of Ford Trucks Ambulances, Wheelchair Vans all E Series and this site has helped me fix everything. Im working on a 2004 6.0 E350 Ambulance Dual Alternators. Has been a Crank No Start and working thru the issues.

I have codes for a Secondary Alternator Short/Fault. Whoever owned this Ambulance before me did a hatchet job on the Alternator connections. Question:

1-Are BOTH Alternators wired directly to the PCM?

2-I have an Org/Blue Wire from the Harness behind the top Alt which isnt connected to anything. What should it be connected to?

3-The 2nd Alternator is connected by this plug (See pic). Is this Correct?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Sorry to butt in...
You really should take this to its own thread. You won't get as much visibility hanging it on this one.

·
Premium Member
5,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got tired of trying to line up wires while jumping between two pages in the PDF of the Coffee Table Book for my truck. So, I exported the pages to hi-res images and made a single page PDF out of them.

To be nice - and since I already had the process worked out - I went ahead and did it for all of the Coffee Table Book wiring diagrams of which I am aware.

They are:
Wiring Diagram - 2003 Powerstroke 6L - Single Alt - Full.pdf
Wiring Diagram - 2003 Powerstroke 6L - Dual Alt - Full.pdf
Wiring Diagram - 2004 Powerstroke 6L - F-Series - Single Alt - Full.pdf
Wiring Diagram - 2004 Powerstroke 6L - F-Series - Dual Alt - Full.pdf
Wiring Diagram - 2005 Powerstroke 6L - F-Series - Single Alt - Full.pdf
Wiring Diagram - 2005 Powerstroke 6L - F-Series - Dual Alt - Full.pdf
Wiring Diagram - 2005 Powerstroke 6L - Econoline - Single Alt - Full.pdf
Wiring Diagram - 2005 Powerstroke 6L - Econoline - Dual Alt - Full.pdf

I stuck to Ford's naming convention. Meaning that - in 2003 - there was no separate Econoline diagram depicted of which I am aware and the diagram did not say F-series.

I can only attach (5) files per post. I will do it over the next two posts.

Anyway... hope this helps.
You wouldn't happen to have the schematics to the 2003 SD 6L for the instrument cluster, Power Windows and accessory delay relay?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts