Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
i just changed my fuel filter and water separator filter, engine oil/filter, tranny oil/filter, transfer case oil, diffs oil, and rear greased all my nipples on the truck and serviced everything else as well and it went up from 14town/16highway to 17town and 20/highway... i have never seen blacker nor thicker oil in my whole life LOL...

·
Registered
14 Posts
i have a 1990 f250 non turbo with 491,000 kms and i get around 23 mpg US not imperial. doing no more than 100 km ( 60mph) on the highway.

when i have the truck loaded to about 11,000 lbs Gross combined weight i get around 14-15 on the highway. going about 90-100 kms.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
My 90 with 4:10 gears and a 5speed gets about 17 riding around town. I got dual straight pipe exhaust and a "different" air intake.:nod:

·
Registered
47 Posts
fyi ... i took my 93 f450 dually PS 7.3 on a 400 mile round trip in one day thru the crazy mtn pass in BC Canada (i hate with a passion ( no other road to get there )... your either going up or down 6-8 % grades for long stretches towing a 16 ft tandem axles trail king trailer 14 gvw and got approx 15 mpg ...nopt bad considering the insane road i was one .... did i mention i hate that road ( eyes rolling) it handled it with ease .........

hope that helps

·
Registered
14 Posts
fyi ... i took my 93 f450 dually PS 7.3 on a 400 mile round trip in one day thru the crazy mtn pass in BC Canada (i hate with a passion ( no other road to get there )... your either going up or down 6-8 % grades for long stretches towing a 16 ft tandem axles trail king trailer 14 gvw and got approx 15 mpg ...nopt bad considering the insane road i was one .... did i mention i hate that road ( eyes rolling) it handled it with ease .........

hope that helps
That route really does suck. We usually travel it once a year to Edmonton and back from vancouver.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine gets a solid 15 mpg. It's a 94 idi turbo, auto, 4x4, crew, flatbed, and stock size tires. Have no idea what the rear end is.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts