Confederate Diesel Fixing SPE hack job(carmichael PA Round 2 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2013, 09:10 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Confederate Diesel Fixing SPE hack job(carmichael PA Round 2

I am starting a new topic about this because the last one was deleted abruptly. I am the owner of the vehicle that was being discussed. Please keep this clean so it is not closed AGAIN. I had a built motor and compound turbo set up built by Spe for dpc. Once I got home with it I had an issue of a bellow blowing out on a up pipes. After taking it apart to try to fix the bellow, I discovered some of Spe's shortcuts in building this truck. I found where they had used a hammer to make room for the dual fuelers, and their welds was not up to par. But all of that is cosmetic. my main concern was that they did not clean up their welds on the inside of the pipe. As you will see in these pictures that have been posted that is not acceptable work. If they would've took an extra 20 minutes to clean up their work it wouldn't of had the possibility of weld slag going through a brand-new motor.
Cfd has helped me result some of these issues, they have made me a new set of up pipes and manifolds with a new wastegate set up to help with the back pressure issue that we had before. And you could tell a significant difference in the power, because that 63 mm could only flow so much.

It really sucks that I'm getting ready to do some more modifications to the vehicle, and not knowing if the motor is running 100% because somebody was not willing to take the time clean up after themselves. 20 minutes of work could have saved me thousands in the long run
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2013, 09:13 PM

I tried adding those pictures but I am on my phone and they are not downloading. If somebody has those pictures and would like to post them there more than welcome to. If nobody post them and someone wants to see them please get a hold of me on Facebook and I will let you see them
Old 09-18-2013, 09:16 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Whatever you say Justin K. H*lder.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:21 PM
Emergency Services

Can we get a mod to pull the IP from this and confederate diesel's account?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 09-18-2013, 09:28 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Holy crap. This had better be legit or the roast will be more like incineration.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:30 PM
one day at a time

The first thread you're referring to was closed for the simple reason that it was started by a sponsoring vendor, discussing a non member's truck, and the "hack job" as they put it done by another company that is not a sponsor here. It was wrong on several different levels...

But since you are the owner of the truck in question and you have obviously joined over here to tell your side of the story I have no problem in letting this thread stand. Your truck. Your experience. Your story.

While I have no doubt this one will get just as heated as the other dozen threads over the last several days, please everyone keep it civil. Stay on topic. Don't be baited. Stay on point. Make my life a little easier...
Old 09-18-2013, 09:31 PM
one day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbybc12 View Post
Can we get a mod to pull the IP from this and confederate diesel's account?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
You know what... Yes. Just to put that thought to bed I'd be glad to. BRB.

on edit: Don't know if it means much to any of you but it comes back to AT&T wireless, out of Missouri. There are about a dozen members that have posted from that mobile IP, several of them I know to be from Missouri. There is one other member with that registration IP address that I am not familiar with but I do not believe it to be associated with CFD. I have no idea where Matt Doyle is from, but the name is familiar from the DPC. That's what I got.

Another edit: Took this directly from Diesel Power's website from the DPC entry list. I BELIEVE THE OP IS THE REAL DEAL AND NOT CFD IN DISGUISE.

Matthew Doyle, Iberia, Missouri
Vehicle: 2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty (four-wheel drive, single rear wheel)
Driver Experience: Dyno, drag, sled pull, tow
Engine: 6.7L Power Stroke V-8 (671 hp and 1,403 lb-ft of torque)
Estimated Fuel Economy: 22 mpg
Turbos: Industrial Injection compound turbos
Electronics: Spartan
Injection System: Snyder Performance Engineering 60-percent-over injectors and Air Dog 165-gph lift pump
Injectables: Ny-Trex nitrous oxide system
Intake/Exhaust System: K&N intake/AFE 4-inch exhaust
Transmission: Stock 6R140 TorqShift automatic
Suspension: 1-inch leveling kit, custom traction bars, and bumpstops
Tires: 275/70R18 Mickey Thompson ATZ
Wheels: 18x9-inch Fuel Hostage
Differentials: 3.55 gears

Read more: http://www.dieselpowermag.com/diesel...#ixzz2fJYzV2RG

Matt... Sorry to be checking up on you, but wanted to put the suspicion of everyone to rest about who they were really talking to...

Last edited by shu873; 09-18-2013 at 09:45 PM.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:52 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I retract my previous statement. Carry on.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:23 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
For what it's worth Matt, after the photos posted here along with CFDs own words I would run, not walk away from that shop as they are plain inept!!!!
Old 09-19-2013, 03:43 AM
Emergency Services

Bump......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.