6.7 Confederate Diesel Frustration - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2013, 07:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.7 Confederate Diesel Frustration

ok so ill just get right into this here,

end of February, after owning my truck for 3 months, and not satisfied with just a deleted and tuned truck, i contacted cfd for options of a single turbo kit. i could not find any aftermarket companies doing a single kit at that time (on websites) after a half hour phone conversation with justin i was reasured that the product they had to offer was absolutly perfect and that there was boat load of trucks that had their kit running flawlessly, this was enough for me to make the 4100 km drive down to his shop in boonsboro the first weekend of march. as i expected quite a big operation, cfd is a 4 bay shop out in the middle of nowhere which raised a little concern but i dismissed it as the folks were very warm welcoming.

the project was to take a month to a month and a half (i was informed that they wanted to make sure that my truck was absolutly perfect before it left their shop) we had decided over the phone on a 9180 efr turbo t3 flange turbo as a good fit for the truck and when i raised concern with the bottom end i was reasured that if the truck was tuned like a duramax it would be as reliable as it was from the factory. with the truck back running i booked a ticket for the last week in april to pick up the truck and 3-4 days before my flight i get a call saying my engine had a tick and most likely has a bent rod..

after sitting in the ford dealership for 2 weeks with the hopes of a potential warrenty coverage of the short block they finally got the engine appart and found bent #3 rod and spun rod bearings all around, and im not here to say what caused that but im assuming tuning had a role in that... no warrenty coverage, as i expected so the engine was built with rods, head studs and valve train upgrades as well as dual fuel and a frozen boost intercooler... long story short, i got a plane ticket down to pick up the truck for 3rd week in august and truck was together running and seemed to be running well until we got about half our on the road from airport to their shop when the 220gph cp4 fass lost prime and had to top up fuel tank at 1/2 tank... here we go

the next day i pop the hood and there is a tiny k&n air filter in there (unfortunately did not get a pic of that) i then spent a couple hours fitting my afe air filter in there and then hit the road 4100 km back home. i made it about half way before having to rewire my fass due to blowing fuses like unreal fast.

by the time i got home i had a cracked y pipe, e fan that fell off, and quite the work of art turbo kit!!! you'll notice rats nest wiring, blown out exhaust manifold gaskets, stripped out exhaust manifold bolts, oil leaks at turbo pedestal, cracked intake piping, positive batt terminal close to the charge air cooler, blown out exhaust billow, etc etc etc. i was hoping my kit would last longer than a solid week, but it didn't..

anyways i hope everyone can know the truth about that shop, the shady inexperience that goes on there, and i am excited to be working with custom auto for a gtx42/55 twin kit and excited to see where this leads me!

[ATTACH]6.7 Confederate Diesel Frustration-img_2829.jpg

6.7 Confederate Diesel Frustration-img_2789.jpg

6.7 Confederate Diesel Frustration-img_2882.jpg

6.7 Confederate Diesel Frustration-img_2887-1-.jpg

6.7 Confederate Diesel Frustration-img_2887.jpg[/ATTACH]
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2013, 07:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

6.7 Confederate Diesel Frustration-img_3212.jpg

6.7 Confederate Diesel Frustration-img_3208-1-.jpg

6.7 Confederate Diesel Frustration-img_3133.jpg

6.7 Confederate Diesel Frustration-img_3131.jpg

6.7 Confederate Diesel Frustration-img_2885.jpg
Old 09-11-2013, 08:03 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

6.7 Confederate Diesel Frustration-img_2697.jpg

6.7 Confederate Diesel Frustration-img_2675.jpg

6.7 Confederate Diesel Frustration-img_2649.jpg

6.7 Confederate Diesel Frustration-img_2474.jpg

6.7 Confederate Diesel Frustration-img_2029.jpg
Old 09-11-2013, 08:05 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

6.7 Confederate Diesel Frustration-img_2021-copy.jpg

6.7 Confederate Diesel Frustration-img_2019.jpg

6.7 Confederate Diesel Frustration-img_1665.jpg

6.7 Confederate Diesel Frustration-img_1664.jpg

6.7 Confederate Diesel Frustration-img_1499.jpg
Old 09-11-2013, 08:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

6.7 Confederate Diesel Frustration-img_1497.jpg

6.7 Confederate Diesel Frustration-imag0055.jpg
Old 09-11-2013, 08:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Not even going to comment on the prior work (unfathomable) but excited to see the finished product with Custom Auto...
Old 09-11-2013, 08:25 AM
Banned

Hey dan,
Welcome to the .org.
I think you will find everyone here much more respectful and helpful.
These are good guys and they will help you the best they can.

Congrats on the huge turbo's and going to custom auto I know they are DMax guys......so were we. The truck will perform as you expected.

I see you had some problems with the truck repair. We had billed you for parts only. The aluminum pipe that cracked you were not charged for because myself and Evan tig welded it and not our welders. Like I said I am sorry it broke we did our best. The offer still stands for you to ship it back so we can repair it shipping and repairs free of charge.

I also see a blown expanded uppipe bellow. I know you cranked up the drive pressure and wastegate and retuned in some additional fuel. I told you I will repair the pipe for you but you went ahead and replaced it.

I also offered you in an email a new t4 mount kit from us if that would help your build, this would be to compensate for repairs you made.

Considering you were only billed for parts you wrote in a review "price was good for the quality work received " we assumed you were satisfied.
After all you did tell me last minute to totally redo piping and install frozen boost. You told me you did not care what it looked liked. I do understand you care that it cracked, so do I.

If you are looking for another remedy please let me know how I can help.

If you just want to post about your experience you are absolutely entitled and we appreciate the feedback.

I would just ask that you disclose fully bills you paid and the price you were actually charged.
You told me many times you did not have any money and I was well aware we were putting this together on a very tight budget.

I guess hindsight if we were both a bit honest it would have ended up better. We should have talked more openly instead of worrying about each other feelings. Unfortunately that did not happen.

Lets see what we can do here to work things out Dan

Thanks,
Justin
Old 09-11-2013, 08:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

so your saying that because i got a so called good deal, its completely excusable to have stuff come apart? is this my fault? this whole turbo kit is my fault because i "dont have any money" and you did the best you could?

you know as well as i do that you never gave me a total invoice and now this is the 4th time i have asked for one.

would you please email me, in pfd format, a total invoice for the $27500 i spend at your shop.. gawd damn, do i have to fly down there and get it?
The Following User Says Thank You to Dan6.7 For This Useful Post:
seafordguy (12-06-2013)
Old 09-11-2013, 08:47 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Sorry to hear about this. Seems like shotty workmanship is quite common with CFD according to a few threads around here and on Powerstroke Army. I understand they were "first in 6.7 performance" but who wants to be a guinea pig? Sounds expensive... Hopefully, they make things right. And, really, a K&N filter!
Old 09-11-2013, 08:55 AM

"not having any money" and &27,500 dollars sure seems to contradict itself dont you think? I wouldnt be putting someones financial business out on a public form just sayin.
Dan hope it works out for you man! I'd be pissed off if it was my truck and money. You asre handling this way better than the rest of us probably would!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
1000rwhp powerstroke, cfd 1000rwhp #2, confederate diesel, confederate diesel review, convicted felon diesel, first in 6.7 performance, junk, money back guarantee

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.