6.4L Up-pipe delete & EBP relocation - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2013, 06:20 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.4L Up-pipe delete & EBP relocation

So this was the reason for this project and thanks to B.Adams for his posts
I was going to attempt to show some pics of the process with a small write up. its pretty cut and dry so here goes......also still have a couple things to do as i will add them later on.
[IMG][/IMG]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2013, 06:26 PM
Premium Member

I first removed my bushwackers and inner fender well lining and I just cut my wheel hard to the right.....it would be best to remove the wheel for added room.
Now keep in mind Ive already did the EGR delete and the uppipe that connects to that system you dont need and I think you should go ahead and do this mod as you are doing that awful EGR delete.
Anyway.......The block off plate provided when i did the egr delete I removed and set aside.Then i moved to the top where this uppipe connects(image below. there are 4 10mm bolts that have to be removed.HOWEVER i recommend to leave the 2 bolts that are side by side on the bracket that holds the upper uppipe as it will help hold it while you sawzall it. I didnt do this and i had to stop and put them back in) Its really tight and i pulled the tube from my S&B intake to give me arm room[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Big_Smokey; 06-16-2013 at 06:41 PM.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:27 PM
Premium Member

Here was my tool of choice for the removal of the four 10mm bolts....Knock ER looose or PB blaster and a small ratchet and used a jack handler to help with leverage...those booogers were TIGHT
Old 06-16-2013, 06:30 PM
Premium Member

Heres the lower part of the pipe that the block of plate was connected to. here is where you have to disconnect where the EBP sensor tube hooks into the uppipe. I then took a sawzall and cut about 4 or 5 inches back from where this EBP tube screwed into.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:33 PM
Premium Member

Once i cut the first cut I had to cut another time to get it wiggled out. it almost 90s at the top and there is not way to just drop it out or pull it out from the top. heres where i cut again with the sawzall. THe skinnier the sawzall the better. i was able to take mine over the top of the steering linkage or whatever you want to call it. Heres where you also need to remove the bracket that holds the actual EBP sensor to get it out of your way just in case you hit it.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:36 PM
Premium Member

Earlier i said to remove those 4 10mm bolts at the top.... I ended up putting the two back in that are on the bracket of the up pipe. they are the two that are side by side, just to help solid up the pipe as the sawzall cuts. Once that cut is made you can pull it down thru the fender well and lift the remaining piece up and then back down thru the fender well also. then you have this
Old 06-16-2013, 06:40 PM
Premium Member

I took the EBP tube hookup piece to the vicr and unscrewed thte fitting which im going to reuse. I dont know if thats a good idea or not, but im going to roll with it. my ebp sensor is also in good shape.I am going to take the EGR block off plate and drill and tap the threads in it and install this fitting back in. Then rig up some wiring so it will reach the new location of the EBP piping. Havent done that part yet. Waiting on my dad to bring his taps over. 1/4" NP

Last edited by Big_Smokey; 06-19-2013 at 06:52 PM.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:43 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Whassup Smokey.

I see you been talking to yourself here for awhile.......................................... so I thought Id just say "Hey"
Old 06-17-2013, 06:48 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

The current fitting is threaded to 1/4" NPT (pipe thread), so you'll need a pipe tap to mount that fitting in your plate. I reused my existing fitting and tube initially, but decided to replace it with a flare fitting that the sensor could mount directly on, instead of using the small tube.

Looking good though. I think you ran into some of the exact same issues that I did when I did this. It's a long process, but it's not as bad as removing the EGR in the first place.
Old 06-17-2013, 02:16 PM
Premium Member

Dad is doing the tapping tomorrow. Havent had time to finish this yet. Should have the end posted up this weekend

Last edited by Big_Smokey; 06-19-2013 at 06:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.