Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I went to the store and it was fine then I went to start her to come home. I noticed a long start and then she started. Came back home three blocks away went to start 20 min later and nothing she cranks but will not start. I had a friend who I met on the forum come over and we got a dtc u1900 can't find nothing on this. My ICP is low around 347 or so I have no idea where to start ficm is at 48 volts and all fuses are good. We were thinking STC fittings and o rings for hpop went bad please all ideas welcome I need my truck ASAP........:please:

·
Registered
823 Posts
Well your ICP is too low to let the engine start. It has to be over 500 psi then it allows the engine to start. You could pressure check the system by using an air adapter and forcing air in the HP Oil system with the engine off and listen for where the air is leaking...
Or you could just start throwing parts at it, for the HP oil system the main leaks are the
-Snap To Connect (SCT) fitting for the Hp oil pump
-Dummy plugs seals on the oil rails to the injectors
-one more thing on the oil rail(i cant think of its name)

Those are most of the problems with the ICP staying too low for warm starts.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The truck is cold and still will not start is it hard to change the STC fittings and new o rings. I heard something about a o ring under the valve cover that goes bad I have no idea what it's is at all

·
Registered
823 Posts
When I did my stud job it came with new dummyplugs and the other part that i cant think of on the rail. Those parts come with new o-rings installed on them with a nylon washer. I am not on my normal computer but tomarrow evening I can send you the install procedures for the oil rail and sct fitting. Pm me your email.

For the sct fitting, I hear it is a Pain in the a$$. I did not do this because my oasis said it was done 2 months before I got this truck. If you didnt know it is under that plate of metal on the top of the engine below the turbo. Yes the turbo has to come out.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
U1900 is a CAN comunication buss error. Read the sticky on the 6.0 problems forum.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will check the sticky I was going to ford to get the stc fitting upgrade and the dummy plug o ring kit. If I pull the ICP sensor and use an air hose at 100 psi will I here a leak. I am really at a loss here all other readings are good.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Hey guy, I'll bring computer with AE and some spare battery's lets hope for the best.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Hey guy, I'll bring computer with AE and some spare battery's lets hope for the best.

Very generous offer for being willing to help out a fellow member.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Thanks Danny

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rich is my new bud I think we had a lot of beer lol got one side done. Owe and yes make sure ou don't over do it on the valve bolts. This jack @$$ broke two off lol. But with the help of my friend I met here we got it fixed. I am blessed to have met this guy....

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Thanks Chris glad I was able to help. Take care

1 - 12 of 12 Posts