Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished doing the zoodad mod to my truck cant wait until tomorrow to test if its noticeable or just a waste of my time!

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
dont get your hopes up man, its just a nicer way to flow more air and maybe help with EGTs a little but since you dont have gauges your not going to know. But its def. not a waste of time and will help in places you may not feel. Take some pics when your done as well.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
if ANYTHING it looks cool and interesting. Maybe people will ask "what's that?" and you say "ZOODAD!" I bet you'll feel cool, I will lol! :icon_ford:

·
Registered
555 Posts
ya i just paid about 1400 for my pro zoodad installation! i hear it gives about 40 hp if you have it done at a shop! percision engineering you know! i thought about new sticks and a lung, but thought id have gale banks do the zoodad himself for me!!! Take her to the track and let us know how you do!!!!

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea It ended up costing me 60$ because I had to go and buy everything but now I have a dremel...ooo all the possibility's.. I'll take pictures tomorrow, it was to dark when I finished.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
ya i just paid about 1400 for my pro zoodad installation! i hear it gives about 40 hp if you have it done at a shop! percision engineering you know! i thought about new sticks and a lung, but thought id have gale banks do the zoodad himself for me!!! Take her to the track and let us know how you do!!!!
:funny: hahaha didja get L.E.D.'s to light it up too? That's another 25 hp y'know

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and if you add a sticker, preferably a foreign product sticker....thats like another 50hp

·
Registered
555 Posts
crap! the leds and the sticker! The salesman never told me that! Well i guess back to the shop!

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
I got a question about sticker "stacking". I have lots of stickers i'm ready to install...prob at the next wrenching day I go to. If I stack more than 1 sticker on another will I have a noticable difference? Or is not every sticker compatible with others?

Sorry for the Noob question...

later

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you really have to coordinate the stickers, colors work, or brand, or nationality, never use Japanese with American because they will cancel each other out.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
alright alright with the sticker jokes..wheres the zoodad pics???? :hehe:

·
Registered
32 Posts
what is that zoodad mod what years truck is it for

·
Registered
31 Posts
i was bored today, and did the zoodad on my 05(first mod woooooo)..... my pants were ripped off by the overwhelming amount of newly found power :dunno:...... but i did notice a slightly throatier engine tone, nothing crazy but it was something to do, and i dont feel like i wasted my time... :thumb:

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no im impressed with mine, could'nt get pics I got called into work, but soon.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
what is that zoodad mod what years truck is it for
the zoodad mod is for almost any year truck (not sure about the new ones) It is where, if you look under the hood and have a stock (or S&B) airbox there is a sort of tube going forward towards the grill. It stops at the radiator support, you can drill a big hole in there to open up the airflow to make it a "Ram Air" of sorts. Most people put SOME type of screen in front of it to keep bugs and crap out. :thumb: That help?

There is a writeup on how to do it on this site I do believe.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Dunno if it would work with your custom K&N halfton.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts