Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the zoodad mod? i've seen it some peoples sigs but have no idea what it is...thanks

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
It is a hole that people cut behind their grill to allow more airflow.

·
Premium Member
5,837 Posts
I have an AirAid Intake on an '06 6.0L...will it help or not really? The box that came with the AirAid has a port that fit into the radiator support anyway. Im just curious about this...thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
24,834 Posts
it is a hole cut behind the grill to let more airflow into the intake. I covered mine with a screen to keep out bugs and such. I got the screen from raul at stealth automotive. I hope this helps.

here is a pic after I installed the screen

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
does it really make a big difference? or worth the money for it?

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Nice Mud! I was waiting on someone to post pictures. I might have to do that this weekend. I really don't know if the Zoodad makes all that much difference to be honest with you. I don't have it so no first hand knowledge here.

·
Premium Member
24,834 Posts
It does make a difference but not a seat in the pants difference. This is a free mod you can do yourself. you dont have to use a screen or you can make one youself

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
does it really make a big difference? or worth the money for it?
It really doesn't cost anything. You could just go to Lowes or another hardware store and pic up some screen and metal to make the plate.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
and do you just cut out the whole thats there? or is there just a plate there that you remove and put the screen in?

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
You will have to cut the hole.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
alright, well i appreciate the help, looks like i might have a project for this weekend

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hopefully i don't mess up too bad lol

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I still haven't heard an answer to the big question with these things: How does it perform when it is raining outside? How much water gets inside the box?

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I have had absolutly no water get in my box as of yet and I have driven in torential downpours
Ok. I just wanted to check with someone that had the mod done because I have heard people say that snow, dust, and water have all gotten into their box and screwed up the sensor. But heck I guess if I am that worried about it I will slap a pre-filter on there for extra protection. Thanks again Mud.:thumb:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Here's a picture of a grill I made at work on a waterjet. Sometimes managing a manufacturing department has it's perks. A while ago I sold some but it was just too expensive both to sell and manufacture. The zoodad mod is a simple modification that can definitely be done for free. For anyone who is interested in a grill let me know because I have 2 or 3 left...I'll let them go for cheap. Once again a grill is not needed and if you do want one it could be easily be done for free. Also for anyone concerned with water and snow during the winter months it comes with a cover...both are made of 300 series stainless.

zoodad grill.jpg
zoodad hole.jpg

1 - 20 of 34 Posts