Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is and how hard is it to do the zoodad mod, what do you cut exactly:confused:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, i think ill get a few beers tonight and knock it out

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
I drilled a series of holes , 1/2" as close together as I could, this keeps debri out of the intake and it made a "seat o pants" difference in my truck.

NCH

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not a bad idea i think im going to do it

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you just need to do it on the driver side right, there isnt any plus to doing it on both is there

·
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD
3,393 Posts
I guess if you drilled the other side you might get more cool air in the engine bay, but that hard plastic is there so more air go past the inner cooler radiator and other coolers.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
hears mine:thumb:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so you might as well just do one side,

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
so you might as well just do one side,
You cant realy do the passenger side. youre condenser lines run thru. and some other stuff. I dont realy see a benifit to doing bolth sides.:thumb:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah i noticed that, well thanks for all of the information

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
I'm curious about how this might affect the filter when driving in a rain storm? Does it shorten the life of the filter?
This question always come up when disscusing Zoodad. From my exsperienc NO. I have not even seen a wet air box.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well zoodad mod done, for it to get wet enough to do any damage it would have to be alot of rain, there is still alot of stuff for the water to have to go through

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts

·
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD
3,393 Posts
Hank your a few post late, go back and give it a read.:poke but I gues its nice to get some pic's

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
I did mine in 2003 and I know for sure I wasn't the first one to do a series of holes instead of one large one. But I like the name "HankDaddy" instead of Zoodad, but I am afraid I must give credit where it is due. Zoodad was the member over at TDS who first did this mod, therefore the name Zoodad mod, just in case some of you were wondering.

NCH

1 - 20 of 20 Posts