Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious, i've heard a lot about this mod being done. I got the AIS intake, but my question if i do this won't it let water in, or will i be okay doing this. I would like to get a screen over it to kinda keep the bugs out.

·
back to business
3,551 Posts
I've had my zoodad for about a year now, and so far no problem with rain or snow.

Here's my screen.....

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
I just cut the whole inner piece completely out with a sawzaw no screen no nothing, also cut the rubber behind it completly out. I call it a doodad lol

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
The only reports of a filter getting wet with a zoodad mod one was in a hurricane with horizontal rain at 80 mph and the other was a complete white out snow storm, both drivers admit they had no business on the road. Another option is to drill a series of 3/8" holes very close together rather than one large hole, this will keep any debri out.

NCH

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
I built a screen much like Outlaw's for mine from parts I got at Lowes for less than $10. Great mod. I run an Airaid behind it and since I added my 4" exhaust it sounds like it'll suck you through the grill.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I drilled the 3/8 holes in mine and havent had any water or snow issues.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey thanks guys this really helps. But that screen that Raul sales, it says it for a 6.0. Maybe im just dumb for asking this, but will it fit on mine?

·
Registered
72 Posts
i bought one from raul and it fits in my 1999 250

·
Registered
56 Posts
With the zoodad mod, is there a noticable power difference? Also, do you hear more noise in the engine or intake with it?

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
It just makes it easier for the air filter to get air no restrictions. It doesn't make any more noise in my opinion. The only noise I get is the turbo winding down when I flog the motor and then let off of it. But that is mostly through the stage 2 intake

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
No more noise and the zoodad in combo with a good flowing intake, in my case the Ford AIS, there was a seat o pants difference.

NCH

1 - 13 of 13 Posts