Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just looking at the zoodad mod, wondering if that benefits a stock air box or only an aftermarket intake ?

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
Well the intention is to get more cool air to your filter. So either way it should help. Does that answer your question?:dunno:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So ther's a possibility of turbo or engine damage in heavy rain ? sound a bit scary.Just how much does it improve performance ?

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you plan on keeping that truck, you really need to atleast do a do it yourself tymar air filter. the stock box and drop in are very well known for letting dirt by, and that will "dust" your turbo and is not good for the engine either.

·
Premium Member
9,392 Posts
So ther's a possibility of turbo or engine damage in heavy rain ? sound a bit scary.Just how much does it improve performance ?
it would take alot of rain to do that , but i have seen trucks come in during a snow storm , and the box be quite full of snow , and turn the gauge minder on , as far as rain i think it would have to be a very heavy rain and i think you would have to be traveling on the highway to get that much water to do engine damage

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
It can let water in but as far as I know nobody has had any problems with any failures from it.

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
A little water, like when driving is not a problem. If nothing else, it will drop your EGT's...LOL....

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you plan on keeping that truck, you really need to atleast do a do it yourself tymar air filter. the stock box and drop in are very well known for letting dirt by, and that will "dust" your turbo and is not good for the engine either.
even with a K&N filter, or just the stock unit ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts