Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is it, what does it do, how much and where do you get it ????

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was born and raised to do the job!!!

·
Registered
4,057 Posts

there's mine behind the grille

looking at it from the intake, see the purpose now? :thumb:

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Easy and zero cost. There are plenty of write ups here to help ya, It took me about an hour or so, It will drop your EGT's well more than the hour you put in.

Good Luck

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
here is a link to the thread. Zoodad

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Will work with stock or aftermarket intake, the Idea is to give the intake plenum a direct route for outside air, instead of sucking air from behind the radiator support. Most have seen about 50 degree drop in EGTs.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a XDI Tru Flow. It sits farther back. I probally cut a 3" hole and really didnt notice much difference. I was going to run a tube from the intake to the hole I cut. Please let me know what you think!!!

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Ok. I know this is a dumb question but I'm a diesel rookie so to me there are no dumb questions.

Is the ZooDad a mod for 6.0's only? Seems all the pics were 6.0's. I have a 99 7.3.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Ok. I know this is a dumb question but I'm a diesel rookie so to me there are no dumb questions.

Is the ZooDad a mod for 6.0's only? Seems all the pics were 6.0's. I have a 99 7.3.

Thanks!
Nope works on 7.3s as well! Also welcome to the diesel community:thumb:

·
Registered
46 Posts
i've got a banks intake and exhaust on my '02 7.3L. The FIPK filter is back behind the battery on the driver side. How much good will it do to cut a hole up there?

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts

·
Banned
722 Posts
It depends on what you mean cut a whole up there. If your just talking about the normal zoodad mod it will work with that intake.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi first post, but i've been lurking around for a week or so. To any of you guys that have done this live say in Canada or somewhere similar? Reason I'm asking is in regards to snow and rain i general.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Can someone post pics of this mod again, the other ones that were posted earlier in the thread have been removed. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts