Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone performed the manual to auto swap? I've seen plenty of posts and info on swapping auto to manual, but I can't find anything on manual to auto. Planning on doing the swap in the next couple of months and I want to get my ducks in a row before I go and screw something up. What do I need, what do you suggest I upgrade? Anything helps. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why would you do such a thing ?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Torn rotator cuff, enflamed tendons, dent in ball of my shoulder gets really tiring having to shift gears. Clutch leg doesn't sit level as my other leg, so some inflammation going on there. Just trying to make it easier on my body

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Better of to trade or sell and buy a different one

I'm sure heaps of people say the same thing about swapping to a zf6, but that's been done by plenty of people

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Torn rotator cuff, enflamed tendons, dent in ball of my shoulder gets really tiring having to shift gears. Clutch leg doesn't sit level as my other leg, so some inflammation going on there. Just trying to make it easier on my body

I have a collapsed right foot. Right leg was always 1-1/2" shorter than left. Both shoulder joints have bone spurs "in the ball and socket" , torn ligaments , massive arthritis , bones in both forearms have grown together and i cannot turn the palms of my hands up, and I think thats it. I have 2 stick trucks and juan the automatic. My 65 mustang and 68 torino are stick and I also play drums in a rock band and have several heaters i get really hot at times. My 06 60( left the decimal point out , I like saying oh six six oh no ) will always stay stick as will my stang and reno. BUT I might convert my 01 7.3 stick to an ottomatic. Only and only because starting off on steep hills pulling up to but not exceeding 14k is way easier with a Sam Wise stage 2 ottomatic. My 02 came with an otto. I was gonna put a stick in but decided to try the Sam Wise and it was a very Wise thing to do. I have over 80k miles on the Wise ottomatic and its shifting great. I bought my 01 from the 2nd owner that bought it from his friend that bought it new. His friend sold it to him after a year old cause he couldnt deal shifting in traffic. He sold it cause he got diabetes and has foot problems and cant work a clutch. my clutch foot is still good. It should be way easy to find someone that wants to swap cause most people want a stick. Btw my drums have 3 pedals.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Better of to trade or sell and buy a different one

easier said than done. try looking for an equal condition truck for the same price. first you have to sell the one you have. then go hunting. i bought 2 7.3 truck the last few years and it took a lot of time and 2 long round trips one was 3000 miles and the other was 3600 miles to get the under 150,000 mile trucks i wanted. I have helped a friend search for one he wanted and he finally gave up. There are many 7.3 trucks in the junk yard to get the parts from.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Has anyone performed the manual to auto swap? I've seen plenty of posts and info on swapping auto to manual, but I can't find anything on manual to auto. Planning on doing the swap in the next couple of months and I want to get my ducks in a row before I go and screw something up. What do I need, what do you suggest I upgrade? Anything helps. Thanks

Change the steering column. Parts need to come from the same drive truck , 2wd or 4wd. These are the parts I came up with that are needed > Brake pedal , trans, trans cooler, trans cooler lines, flex plate engine block plate, trans to engine bolts , torque converter , possible drive shaft or yoke , wiring harness , computer from the same trim type(xl,xlt,L,KR), instrument cluster. New ACC carpet is cheap and sheet metal and GE outdoor silicone sealer with self tapping tek screws take care of the shifter hole in the floor.

Sell all your stick shift parts. I have seen people on a few FB sites looking to convert to stick.

·
Super Moderator
12,875 Posts
Yeah and I'd swap with you if you're up closer to Oregon lol.

Basically if you read through all the threads on doing auto-->manual, you'll need the same stuff, but in reverse. Flexplate instead of clutch, wiring harness with a TCM side, etc....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts