Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
greetings all, i have a 2002 f250 with the zf6. recently my dad told me that the truck won't shift into reverse (i'm currently in afghanistan so i don't really know exactly what its doing) i have done some reading and determined that it is most likely the clutch and pilot bearing. my question is, how hard is it to replace the clutch yourself? and if i decide not to do it, does anyone know of a good zf certified transmission shop in washington state? thanks. :flag:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
one more question, is there a southbend clutch or another good quality company that will not give me a soft clutch pedal? the southbend that i was looking at says that it gives you a really soft clutch pedal, and i know its strange but i don't really want that. is there a way to not make it so soft or some other option that doesn't decrease the pedal pressure?

·
Registered
72 Posts
A clutch job is not to hard. I just finished swapping my auto out for a six speed. I would suggest a transmission jack though. That six speed is a brute and not light by any means. I did the job by myself so you may not need one if you have someone helping you. As far as a soft clutch I have no experience with SBC. I installed a Valair Kevlar/Ceramic rated at 500 HP and the clutch pedal is not soft at all.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I don't know that a Southbend or ANY clutch will produce too soft of a feeling on these trucks. I have a Valair Ceramic/Ceramic and love it. Not soft at all..

·
Winning DUHHH
2,389 Posts
Love my south bend!

·
Registered
191 Posts
If all forward gears work fine but reverse does not (whatever the issue may be) then changing the clutch will not fix the problem. Need more info on what is happening when trying to shift into reverse.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts