Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so im about to rebuild my zf5 in my 97 Powerstroke and i am pretty sure somewhere on the site i saw something about a quick shift kit for the manual? it was a few months ago and ive been looking for the thread and can not find it. Maybe im an idiot and there is no such thing lol But if there is could someone give me a link to site or company that sells them? :dunno:

· Banned
5,632 Posts
I've done research on short shifts for the 6spd f250's, and they have all been negative reviews. They put the gears too close together and it's too easy to mis shift. For a truck, with the huge throws and sloppy gates we have, I'd stick with stock.

· Registered
108 Posts
Zf5 is a five speed... Ive heard great reviews about the short throw kits. someone on here did a write up on his and posted the pics and the shift distances before and after

· Registered
273 Posts
I've done research on short shifts for the 6spd f250's, and they have all been negative reviews. They put the gears too close together and it's too easy to mis shift. For a truck, with the huge throws and sloppy gates we have, I'd stick with stock.
NONSENSE..........Had one in my 2000 and now in my 2006. They don't change the position of the gears, it is done with a change in fulcrum position. Talk to someone who knows what they are talking about..........................

· Registered
3,553 Posts
NONSENSE..........Had one in my 2000 and now in my 2006. They don't change the position of the gears, it is done with a change in fulcrum position. Talk to someone who knows what they are talking about..........................
Do you have the one from midwest transmission? I assume you like yours right?

· Electrical Ogre
13,242 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the info guys! and yeah i remembered reading on here how someone had said it was like by far their favorite mod or one of their favorites to their obs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.