Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was woundering what it would take to put a zf6 in my 2000 f250? it currently has the 4r100 trans in it now. and i want to swap it out for the zf6. i know i would need to change the computer and the steering colum but my big question is do i have to worry about the crossmember of any of the drive shafts being to long or to short? and what bout the wiring it up? i know the basics of it like the flywheel and clutch and the slave cylinder and stuff like that but thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Drive shafts are different lengths between standard and auto trucks.
You will need the crossmember from the manual trans truck too.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
so the drive shafts and the crossmemder be the only problem i wouldnt have to worry bout any wiring?
Not much if your going from auto to manual... I think just the reverse light connection switch is all.

·
Registered
489 Posts
You don't need to change the driveshafts or the crossmember. I have done the swap a couple times now. It is not hard at all. Jody at dp can reprogram your computer to work with the zf-6 trans. All you really have to do is cut a hole in the floor the rest just bolts in. You will either have to buy a new transfer case or change the input shaft in it because the ouput shaft on the zf is different then the 4r100. If you need any help just pm me.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Also you dan't have to change the column. You can just take the slector lever off if you want. And yes you would have to figure out the reverse lights.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts