Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some assistance in locating the cause of a no OP condition on a fresh shortblock. Motor was assembled using the components of another motor ie; oil pan, cyl. heads, etc.... Problem is zero oil pressure to the HPOP. Manual fill starts the motor but LPOP does not feed the HPOP reservoir. Could it be a stuck anti-drainback valve? Going to install a manual OP gauge to check base OP. New gaskets and sealers and parts used throughout the assembly. BTW runs fine before the HPOP runs out of oil supply.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I would pull the reservoir off and make sure everything is clear and the gasket is not covering the supply hole. If everything looks clear try and bump it over a little to see if oil comes out of it. If not the problem is deeper.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FOUND IT!

Thanks RWML2,
Good suggestion which I had already inspected.
I decided to start from the oil pickup tube an work my way upwards following the oil flow. I had to remove the motor from the truck ...again.....:icon_ford:
I found that my assistant "misplaced" the oil regulator/by-pass valve located in the oil filter boss on the oil cooling tube. I now have oil flow to the top side of the motor. :bump: Good help is hard to find :doh:.........:hehe:
Thanks again for the suggestion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.