Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys/gals, I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I recently traded in my 05 F150 for a nice 02 F250. I had that truck worked over pretty good, but found myself towing to its limits more and more, so I pulled the trigger on a diesel. Enough blabbering, here is what I got. Been searching all over the place for mods, do and donts, etc. I think I have a good workable list of mods, tell me what you think.
Currently has: MBRP 4"dual, S&B intake, Pillar gauges(egt, tranny, boost). Auto tranny, 285-75-16 tires.

Looking to add:
DP-F5 with Hi Idle, 60tow, 80E, 120R and drive thru, and green switch box.
Banks wastegate- better one out there?
X-wheel, or banks compressor wheel- better one out there?
2"front leveling kit
and Goodyear Duratrac tires. 285/75/16, 305/70/16 or 315/75/16, still not sure if a 12"tire is gonna work on a 7"wheel.

Not looking to get to crazy, just want a good efficient/safe setup for beating around and semi-frequently pulling of a camper or trailer.

Your thoughts, suggestions, advise and help are much appreciated as I am still new at the diesel thing and trying to learn all I can.

Thank You in advance

Justin

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok guys I apoligize for the yet another stupid new guy mod question. I hate being that guy, but have to start somewhere.

I will shorten my question.

I have decided...almost to go with a PHP tune, cant beat the price.

As for turbo mods

Is the compressor wheel and blowoff valve worth it and/or necessary. If so should I go with banks or is there a clear winner when it comes to these. I have seen some guys distaste for banks on here. I always thought they made good stuff?

Justin

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
first off whats your plans for the truck and budget. Skip the blow off valve, useless on a diesel. Do a WW only if you have surge and don't plan on upgrading to a better turbo.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, kept searching and found that all compressor wheels are essentially the same, so I will just find the best price and pick one up if necessary. I am gonna be pulling pretty heavy this weekend, so I will find out if it is needed. No blowoff valve necessary, ok good to know. No turbo upgrades in the near future unless the stocker fails. Thanks for the reply.

Justin

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
no problem. Lets see some pics of the beast!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replys guys, I will try to get some pics on here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts