Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Behavior Modificationist
1,519 Posts
Kinds hurts to see a thread hasnt been touched in THREE YEARS doesnt it?

·
Behavior Modificationist
1,519 Posts
Wonder how that happens? I always hate venturing back into older but DECENT threads and gathering great info but NO photos to back 'em up! Threads that are encompassed specifically around photos and are just a little "blue question mark" really hurt the quality of this site.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Nice pic! Looks like an old GMC split shift tanker with a Volkswagen pump.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yep old GMC split shift 427 gas with Honda portable pump 1800 gal tank . We use it as 3rd due. My biggest problem with truck is teaching the young guys how to drive it as it also has a short fourth gear, if you know what that is.

·
Registered
400 Posts
LoL, I'm quite familiar. The first department that I ran with had thee old split rear but with a 2300 gallon tank and she was a diesel, freaking truck ran good and slow. Hit the brakes to hard and water would come into the cab "felt good in the summer" but goddamn when it was winter time.

·
Registered
755 Posts
We have a Facebook page.

Look up:

Onondaga Township Fire Department

There is a photo album dedicated to apparatus. The HME first due engine is in the works to be replaced. We're getting a spec from Spartan on Friday.

And the Ladder will be painted to match the rest of the fleet when our old tanker sells.

·
Registered
755 Posts
And in case you don't have FB

1260 is our Ladder, First out for Mutual Aid and PI's

1261 is our First Due Engine for structure fires.

1262 is one of our Tankers. 3200 Gallon capacity.

1263 is the newest member. 3000 Gallon capacity

1264 is our Rescue

1265 Is the oldest in the fleet. 1978 Ford grass rig

1266 Draft/Grass fire. This truck is the most well-known truck in our area. This rig will suck water from a river off of a 40 foot bridge and relay pump 1000ft. It's a bad little machine.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Here's a link to our trucks ACES - Apparatus

I just joined a little over a month ago.

·
Premium Member
2,783 Posts
That 1266 is a pretty cool truck, love the spray nozzles on the front

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
Our newest toy

·
Registered
265 Posts
Here are a couple pics of one of our new engines at the KME plant in PA. One of our Engineers took these pics a couple months ago when he went back for a final walk through before they got shipped to AZ. We have 3 of them coming to replace Pierce apparatus at some of the houses. We were a Pierce exclusive department, but not anymore.

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
How do you like the KME apparatus so far?

Our dept is switching from Pierce to Rosenbauer.

·
Registered
265 Posts
How do you like the KME apparatus so far?

Our dept is switching from Pierce to Rosenbauer.
They are here, just not in service yet. I got a chance to look through one of them etc., and they seem to be good I guess. They are more of a rescue type body, which is a little different from what we have now for engines. We run Pierce 100 aeriel rear mount for truck co., and both haz-mat support trucks are Pierce. The KME will be a fresh change I think. The Captain seating area has more room in the KME...which is good because if I keep my turnouts in the cab, it is tight to try and get dressed on the way to a call.

I think Pierce is just too expensive anymore....which is why I think people are venturing out. L.A County is going KME exclusive, and so is Honolulu I believe. Us and Honolulu are pretty much the same color.

·
Premium Member
2,783 Posts
My dept is still a mix of Pierce and KME. Our '10 KME pumper, E-3 is smaller than our other pumpers but has the largest pump and the only one with a CAFS system, pretty cool little truck, but almost impossible to get gear on in, officers seat is cramped, and when in the cab with 4 6'+ guys a major PITA to get your pack on. I usually wait until we get on scene to put my pack on if I'm on E-3. I prefer our 2 Pierce Quantums from 2000, they really are almost too big, but the cabs are really roomy. Our chief just went down to the PA plant to look over the designs for our new custom Tower unit to replace our aging '87 102ft Grumman AerialCat. She a great truck, a favorite among most of the guys, but in recent years she has gone out for repairs, sometimes over $250K. But for a truck that is 27 years old, she still holds her own on a fire scene.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts