Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title states, I want to start a thread for those of us that are running SCT Tunes in conjunction with a PHP FICM Programmer. What combinations work and don't work or you really like.

IDP's Extreme-X and Atlas 80 or Hercules. Since it is designed to run with a tuned ficm. It really doesn't like running PHP's Economy or Atlas 40. It makes the truck have an extreme light switch effect. And even effects shifting.

SRL-X runs great with all PHP tunes. It really comes alive with the Atlas 80 or Hercules.

·
Premium Member
3,814 Posts
I will regularly daily drive on TSD's Super Panty Dropper and PHP's Hercules 100. I'll get about 16 MPG mixed driving and nearly 19 out on the interstate. I will rarely use more than 1/4 throttle in normal daily driving and I have to be careful because it will roll smoke until the turbo spools. Careful throttle useage will keep the smoke at bay. This combination is hot and 1500 degrees on a hard pull is guaranteed. In normal driving it will run between 600 and 700 degrees.

I am currently experimenting with a Mild Panty Dropper tow tune and PHP's economy FICM tune. The truck is fairly happy but I have no solid information to report on this combo.
Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
243 Posts
I've been running Vivian's Looney tune with Atlas 80, great throttle response and don't need more than 18% PPS where as i used to need 22-24% to get up to speed. EGT's cruising were 630-700.. could bump em up when i rolled on throttle and saw as high as 870-950 at 50%+ PPS. Lie-O-Meter showed 1.5mpg increase no real world calcs yet

I loaded economy tune to see what highway numbers are since im going to be making a 750 mile trip at end of the money. i will hand calc that trip and post more once i get to run the truck (loaded the ficm and left it sitting)

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Xtreme-X is just smokey in general, but with Hercules, at wot its laying down a pretty good haze. normal acceleration its hazing.

srl-x actually got less smokey all around. at wot it used to put down a pretty good haze. with ficm tuning its clean.

Xtreme-x would not make more then 25 lbs of boost without ficm tuning now its seeing 33lbs. I actually blew an IC boot for the first time today. IM not sure what its actually making since i don't have a mech boost gauge. :dunno:

Also it was raining this morning. I was going 50 mph. tc locked in 4th ( im in town mind you) i got into it a little, very far from wot, id say 50% and the truck went sideways :hehe: it will spin like its on ice at any speed. well under 55. its so responsive its insane

1 - 4 of 4 Posts