1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
nice find. I'm excited actually to see that and to see how the new emissions pan out.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did a little more research on this new powerplant. Ford has decided to go with the urea injection with this little diesel. Is this a good idea? I don't know but VW & Mercedes are, but the Japanese companies seem to have some other way to reduce the soot a other emissions. They don't seem to be using the urea injection on their new diesels. This new engine does seem promising.

Hopes and prayers:

Karl

·
Registered
387 Posts
They're thinking about adding this motor to the Super Duty engine choices? Seems kinda small to put into a 3/4+ ton truck, especially with only 420 lbs. of torque.

Not a fan of the urea injection either, pumping more crap into the exhaust systems you have to pay for.

·
Registered
231 Posts
The injection system is the way to go! You all have seen and heard of all the expensive problems DPF's cause. If you'd ever have to replace one out of waranty get ready to rob a bank. The new additive will only need to be refilled at each oil change. And can't imagine it will cost more than 5 quarts of oil. And over the life of the vehical it will still be cheaper than replacing dpf's.

As for the 4.4l being to small for a 3/4 ton. The 5.4l only has 350ft/lbs torqe. I will be a great base engine. Or maybe it will replace the v10 option?

·
Registered
542 Posts
The injection system is the way to go! You all have seen and heard of all the expensive problems DPF's cause. If you'd ever have to replace one out of waranty get ready to rob a bank. The new additive will only need to be refilled at each oil change. And can't imagine it will cost more than 5 quarts of oil. And over the life of the vehical it will still be cheaper than replacing dpf's.
Reading the poster boards in the images, I thought the new UREA system was for the reduction of NOx levels? That said, it would do very little for soot wouldnt it? So, wouldn't there also be a DPF in place, just the same? :dunno:

·
Registered
271 Posts

As for the 4.4l being to small for a 3/4 ton. The 5.4l only has 350ft/lbs torqe. I will be a great base engine. Or maybe it will replace the v10 option?
If my DPF ever fails, that thing will come off the truck and a delete pipe will go on there in a heartbeat, coupled with a tuner that turns off the regen cycle.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Same here. The DPF is only temporary. When it fails if the warranty does not replace it I'm not either. We don't have any inspections.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts