1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
i wouldnt try it ....at all

·
Registered
735 Posts
I don't see why not. Car is nowhere near close to putting that trailer over gross. I say try to squeeze it in there, and if it fits, take it home.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I've got some reservations about that combination.

That trailer doesn't appear to have any brakes on it. I know people pull that much weight all the time without trailer brakes and our trucks are pretty heavy but it makes me nervous.

Some of those small utility trailers don't have tie downs in the right places for hauling small cars. Don't just stick it in there, set the parking brake and call it good.

You may not be able to get the weight distribution right. If you load the car frontwards you might not have enough tongue weight and I'm not sure turning it around will fix that.

If you can fit it in there,tie it down, get enough tongue weight and the trailer has brakes then I wouldn't sweat it at all.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
I would. IF I could tie it down right like was mentioned. I towed a Nissan 240sx on a tandem axle pintle-hook trailer. Dunno the combined weight but it wasn't light. And that trailer had no brakes, they were not working. Didn't have to go over 55mph though, it was alright weight wise.
But it wouldn't be good to have you trying to stop and hit a bump and that car go flying through the front of it lol!

Why don't you just rent a car-hauler from U-haul...?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update:
I'm now able to borrow a flatbed trailer from a friend which is more appropriate for this situation, safer tie-down points, e-brakes and all!

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'm now able to borrow a flatbed trailer from a friend which is more appropriate for this situation, safer tie-down points, e-brakes and all!
There you go. Load it up, tie it down and hammer for home.

·
Registered
231 Posts
On a side note. I have seen many people haul these old mg's and austin healy's. On single axle landscape trailers (they had breaks). They fit fine and one guy even pulled his setup behind a minivan to the local autox's. It seemed to work great.

But for that enclosed I don't think you will be able to tie down the car properly to make it work.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Update:
we have a winner!!!:thumb:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All went well... :woot: Had so much fun loading & unloading this POS MG with four flat tires in the rain... Thankfully, it's not my basketcase to work on...

Need to return this trailer ASAP so as to not collect wayward vehicles myself... Oh the damage I could do... :tard:

Thankfully, the rain will be gone for tomorrow when I have to load up my lighting gear in the enclosed trailer for tomorrow night's gig...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts