Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I am the proud new owner of an 06 f250 psd as of today! I am very excited to join you up here in the 6.0 forums.

I noticed that the lariats have some extra computer functions on the dash that my xlt does not. Is it possible to swap a lariat gauge cluster into my truck and have the it work? I also like the looks of the white gauges.

Thanks!
Steve

·
Registered
190 Posts
I know you can change your gauge faces to white or any other color you like. As for the digital display cluster I am not sure. I will let someone else that knows for sure to answer that.

Congrats on the Powerstroke. You will love it. They are the best

and WELCOME TO THE ORG......

·
Banned
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I went ahead and bought a Lariait cluster on ebay.When it arrives ill let you guys know if it works.

Also, does anyone have a part number for the buttons that control the display in the cluster?

Thanks.

·
Registered
786 Posts
You may have to do some extra wiring.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Let me know if it works, I saw one a Craigslist and thought about buying it for that reason.

·
Banned
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, I got the new cluster installed and everything seems to be working, sort of. The mileage seems to be stored in the cluster so the new cluster isnt showing the correct mileage. Buts its only 200 miles off. Is there a way to change it? Another thing is there is no way for me to access the computer. The xlt had the button right on the cluster to switch to the hours, trip, etc. This one does not. Im thinking I need the menu buttons like the lariats have on the bezel. I may need the harness for it as well. Even then I dont know where it would plug in. If someone who has a lariat could find out where that menu switch plugs in for me that would be great.

Also, now for some reason my stereo does not turn off when I turn the truck off and open the doors. Maybe something came loose when I pulled the dash apart.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Get a wiring diagram and wire it yourself. On my old 99 expedition I installed the overhead display and had to wire everything up coming from the dash, ecm, evo module, and some others.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
lol-if you need the diagram, let me know. Personally, I always find it easier to use the correct harness if it's available and leave the custom wiring for jobs that there is no alternative.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.