Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
XL grille on my Lariat

So I met up with a buddy of mine and his company just gave him a single cab long bed XL for his new fleet truck and he really wanted the chrome grill from the XLT and Lariat and ive been thinking I want to color match mine or find a black one cuz I want to get a Road Armor of Fab Fours bumper, well anyways we traded grills and I cant even lie I kind of like the way the black plastic grille looks. Ill post another pic when the sun decides to come up around here :D

·
Registered
631 Posts
Moarrr pics!

I like that we have similar looking trucks, and even more that you are doing the things that I've been considering doing, esp with the grill and possibly bumper. That way you can be the guinea pig and I can decide accordingly lol. Thankfully, I doubt we live anywhere close to each other.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Moarrr pics!

I like that we have similar looking trucks, and even more that you are doing the things that I've been considering doing, esp with the grill and possibly bumper. That way you can be the guinea pig and I can decide accordingly lol. Thankfully, I doubt we live anywhere close to each other.
Here ya go buddy !!

Im down to be a guinea pig , just remember who did it first !!!:D:rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
631 Posts
Here ya go buddy !!

Im down to be a guinea pig , just remember who did it first !!!:D:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Haha I will certainly give credit where credit is due!

The black grill has potential. If you decide to go with the black fab four bumpers, I'd keep it black, and then decide if you want to ptm. However if you decide to keep the stock bumpers and ptm them, or leave as chrome, then I'd definitely ptm the grill.

I haven't decided 100% what I want to do with the front, but I do know that some of the chrome needs to be gone. Just way too much up there.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I wasnt a big fan of the chrome. I sold my chrome grill / front/rear bumpers and installed a black XL grille and Road Armor front bumper and bought black rear bumper end caps and had them Line-X along with my front Road Armor bumper. I then had the XL grille painted to match white. The pic is in my Sig block. I'd have the grille paint to match and get new bumpers. Def will do wonders to the ford.

·
Registered
161 Posts
normally i cant stand xl grilles, even on work trucks. But on yours im really liking it.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
normally i cant stand xl grilles, even on work trucks. But on yours im really liking it.
Thanks man, its nice to get a free mod that actually works out haha

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
It works on your truck, I like it.:thumb:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Looks good Carli'd.
Now you have me thinking that I might try and plasti dip just the cross bars and keep the outer shell chrome.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm dropping off my Lariat after Christmas to have a painted KR grill installed. Going to have the gold flares removed at the same time. Anyone interested in a chrome grill or the Harvest Gold Lariat flares, I'll post them up for sale after the new year. Of course, I'll post up picks of the cleaned up truck as well.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Custom grill install

I removed the chrome inserts and replaced them with black billet. The installation was pretty easy with a battery power jig saw to cut out the insert. The result:

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.