Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read on older models, you always want ot flash back to stock before going to a new tune.

My question is.. with the X3 do I need to go back to stock each time, or can I just go from tow to extreme ect? Sure would be nice to save 10+ min between tunes:nod:

·
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Back on top.

·
Registered
90 Posts
if you go back to stock w/ the X3 you lose one of you unlocks. I don't think its nessary with the X3. Maybe someone else will chime in.

·
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope you don't lose an unlock, you lose an unlock if you change to a diffrent vin#. Thats why it says vin lock when you first plug it in. I've changed from stock to tunes countless time.

·
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Mike, I've changed once with out going stock (last week) and thought I heard/felt a trans noise after going from tow back to extreem street. I'm on stock now to see if I notice the same thing. I would sure hate to to upgrade the torqueshift now that I almost have enough to do studs.

Maybe SCT will check their thread section soon.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I don't ever go back to stock when changing from Xtreme Street to Xtreme Race or vice-versa. I don't think it will hurt anything if you don't. I've done it probably 10 times since I've had it, no problems yet. Hopefully it stays that way. Someone will chime in who knows the reasoning behind it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts