Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my new X-wheel from Kyle installed last night and it took care of my surge and sounds awsome!! Love the whistle!! Thanks Kyle

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Just ordered mine I can't wait.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Thanks Kyle!! got it installed and the surge is gone and thee turbo spool sounds great.

·
Registered
450 Posts
the x wheel is a high performance compressor wheel designed to eliminate the common compressor surge in most stock 99.5-03 7.3L Powerstrokes. The altered wheel design increases airflow resulting in all-around better performance at higher boost levels. it's a fairly simple install that takes about 3 hrs and doesn't require the turbo to be reballanced.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
How much.?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Do you have the directions on how to do this?
I saw a video but it didn't help much. Just kinda watched a buy do it. not much instructions going on.
This is the exact same as that Wicked Wheel correct?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Just ordered mine from XDP...

For instruction on install, check the powerstrokehelp guy... even though everyone thinks he's an idiot, his video is a little more descriptive.

Also, I hear XDP sends pretty good directions. I've heard it's not hard to do, just a pain to get to some of the bolts.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
just found out they wont be back in stock till end of January
sent XDP an email to cancel, would like to get the wheel sooner, going on some trips for the holidays
this is a real bummer
not saying anything bad about XDP just dont want to wait that long

·
O.I.F. Combat Vet 11B
1,048 Posts
dang it, just read this after ordering online. guess I will just have to wait, been this long with out it what i a few more weeks. was cheapest place I could find the wheel........

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
Just about everywhere will probably be on back order. I may have one for sale here soon. Its from them

1 - 16 of 16 Posts