Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I saved up my nickels and dimes got the intake and exhauste in the mail. But now I need to get my :sct: with custom tunes. Which one of our dealers has the best tunes and price:dunno: :poster:I put this ona 6.4 forum :doh: I have an 04' 6.0

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I have a customer running djs tunes, and hes very happy.

·
Premium Member
19,112 Posts
You can buy direct through DJ's or Innovative OR you can buy the tuner with Innovative tunes through Hi Performance Diesel or Stealth Automotive.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Alot of people like eric's tunes. I just got some last night for my new turbo and injectors, I have to install them before I can try the tunes. I was running elites insanity file, I was very pleased w/ it. I would say from all that I have read that erics is the best for your tranny.

·
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for putting my thread where it belongs.

I was also woundering does anyone use the SCT 5 tune switch? Is it worth the $$

·
Registered
467 Posts
Running Dj and love it

5 tune is pretty silly. I have 3 tunes, and only really have two loaded on, looney tune, and a tow tune. Everything in between is pretty well not useful to me, Eventually you will basically only have two tunes you really need to have with you.

Go with dj and vivian you could not be happier. I think vivians PM is mombenz or something

·
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I guess I should be calling DJ when I get back from D.C. next week. I was asking abouthe 5 position switch because if want to roll some serious coal on some poop head it would be nice to just turn the knob with out haveing to reflach. Any thoughts

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
You will want to go with the "regular" reflash way. Best way to go with the 6.0s. Safest strongest way to tune these trucks.

And, you're welcome.:nod::D

·
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DKR thanks for the insight:thumb: Didn't realy want to spend that kind of $$ money for a switch compared do I dare say it chevy brand tuner $20 one that only works on chevy

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
Sure thing.:D

The common accepted route for tuning the 6.0s is the SCTs with custom tuning. Believe me when I say I wish that we could just switch up at will like the 7.3s. It would make life perfect with our 6.0s.:hehe::hehe:

The premier choices for custom tunes are people like Innovative, DJs, and a couple of others. Best bet is to call around when you are ready, and talk to them. See what you want and what they each recommend, what they have done with trucks similar to your own, etc.. And then sit back and enjoy the new found power!:evillol:

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
I've had my SCT X3 for a week and all I have to say is wwwwwwwwwwwwwoooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've never burned up so much fuel as I have this week. and I bought it for the economy tunes. But back to topic, I got mine form DJ and his tunes are awesome (don't have erics to compare,,, yet). But worth every dollar.....

·
Registered
559 Posts
this question is like "6 to 1 and a half dozen to another" I run Erics tunes and his tranny tuning is amazing and the horse power's not bad either:burnout

1 - 13 of 13 Posts