Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had experience with using trash pumps for wvo collection? I am figuring on transferring wvo at the restaurant (55 gal drums) into a collection tank in a trailer. I am looking for either a 12v transfer pump that can handle 40+ gal at a clip or a trash pump. Anyone that can share their experience and links to where to find the right pumps for the job at reasonable cost, please pm me or reply.
thanks.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Has anyone had experience with using trash pumps for wvo collection? I am figuring on transferring wvo at the restaurant (55 gal drums) into a collection tank in a trailer. I am looking for either a 12v transfer pump that can handle 40+ gal at a clip or a trash pump. Anyone that can share their experience and links to where to find the right pumps for the job at reasonable cost, please pm me or reply.
thanks.

Try this link
http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/bi...98-collecting-wvo-5-gal-plastic-bucket-7.html

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
I use a gas powered 2" trash water pump. I have a trailer with a 200 gallon tank on it and the trash water pump plumbed in. Pump is bolted down at the rear of the trailer. I have a 20 ft suction hose with cam lock quick connects. I collect mine from a 275 gallon tote with a cam lock at the bottom. Makes really quick work out of it.

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
I bought one of these off Ebay for under 200 bucks and let me tell you, this little dude rocks!
Honda wx10

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
That's a neat little pump and would work great. At under 200 bucks it's a steal. It would be ideal for 55 gallon drums. My 2" pump is overkill for a 55 gallon drum. It is rated at something like 157 gallons/minute and sucks a 55 gallon drum dry in less time than it takes to set up. I paid like $220 for my 2" on eBay and since I am pumping around 200 gallons at a time figured why not.

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
the honda pumps at like 35 gpm IIRC

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know this post is very old but im looking at the honda WX10 for wvo and that thicker grease left at the bottom of grease bins. Have those that used this pump have any problems? And if so what linds of problems? Also ive seen a model as WX10TA, are they the same and if not whats the difference(cant seam to find the wx10ta on honda site)?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Read the whole link, mostly about jugs and buckets which im not too interested.. just a little bit of one guy with a pump near the end. What i wanted to know is if "clay henry" or others that have used these pumps, what their experiences are.

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Read the whole link, mostly about jugs and buckets which im not too interested.. just a little bit of one guy with a pump near the end. What i wanted to know is if "clay henry" or others that have used these pumps, what their experiences are.
My experience was it was one of the messiest methods I ever used. Collection in cubies was by far the easiest and cleanest methods. Cleanup of any kind was the part I hated most so I avoided making messes at all cost.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts