Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
PMR = JUNK
11,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, i have a working, nice shifting 4R100 in my truck that i would like to swap for someones ZF6. Maybe someone here is tired of shifting and wants an auto.:dunno: I don't like autos so i'm wanting to put a ZF in it. Anyone interested?

·
PMR = JUNK
11,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:bump::bump:

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
I am down how many miles are on it oh yeah my truck has a SB clutch too

·
PMR = JUNK
11,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Roughly 124,000. Like i said, still shifts nice and firm. I won't lie, it has seen the extreme setting on my TW chip, but only a handful of times. 98% of the time its in economy.

How many miles on yours?

·
PMR = JUNK
11,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another :bump: for the night.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Roughly 124,000. Like i said, still shifts nice and firm. I won't lie, it has seen the extreme setting on my TW chip, but only a handful of times. 98% of the time its in economy.

How many miles on yours?
152xxx. No problems what so ever

·
PMR = JUNK
11,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
152xxx. No problems what so ever
Cool. What t case you do have, manual or electric? Im not sure what you would have to do to make yours into an auto, but in know its easy to put a manual in an already auto truck.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
manual transfer case. I know it requires PCM all wiring Etc oh and you have to give me the piece you cut out of your floor haha

·
PMR = JUNK
11,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PM me if you are really interested Goose. :nod: We can see what we can work out.

Otherwise, just a :bump: to see if anyone else is interested.

·
PMR = JUNK
11,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:bump::bump:

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
you do realize that a zf will not fit in an auto truck without a major modification to the trans tunnel. huge difference in the floors of the auto and manual trucks.

·
PMR = JUNK
11,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you do realize that a zf will not fit in an auto truck without a major modification to the trans tunnel. huge difference in the floors of the auto and manual trucks.
I've been told by 2 people that have done it that all you have to do is cut the hole in the floor, and maybe use a hammer on a small bit of it.

·
PMR = JUNK
11,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:bump: I still wanna do this. Get ahold of me if you would like to swap.

W

·
0 Posts
i would be interested in swapping my 2000... but it would have to wait awhile, as in late winter early spring (gonna be pulling out the motor to fix some things). so if you still have the trans and want to do the swap then i would do it.... 174K on the truck and its 100% stock..

·
Registered
862 Posts
I've been told by 2 people that have done it that all you have to do is cut the hole in the floor, and maybe use a hammer on a small bit of it.
Wrong. Don't know who the crap told you that.

You have to cut out the hump in the floor and replace it with the one for a manual. There is NO WAY the manual tranny will fit where an auto was. I dont care how big of a hammer you have.:rofl:

·
PMR = JUNK
11,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wrong. Don't know who the crap told you that.

You have to cut out the hump in the floor and replace it with the one for a manual. There is NO WAY the manual tranny will fit where an auto was. I dont care how big of a hammer you have.:rofl:
2 people that have done the swap themselves told me that. Have you ever done the swap?

·
PMR = JUNK
11,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i would be interested in swapping my 2000... but it would have to wait awhile, as in late winter early spring (gonna be pulling out the motor to fix some things). so if you still have the trans and want to do the swap then i would do it.... 174K on the truck and its 100% stock..
If i haven't found someone else to do the swap by then i'll be up for it. I just don't really like automatics unless they are fully built.

How many miles is on your clutch?

·
Registered
862 Posts
2 people that have done the swap themselves told me that. Have you ever done the swap?
No but I helped a guy do it. Not an as easy as what them other 2 said. Just go look at a zf6 and then a 4r100 lol

·
PMR = JUNK
11,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They told me it was a really close fit, but it still made it in there. :dunno:

·
PMR = JUNK
11,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:bump: in case anyone else might be interested in the swap.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts