Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got a call back from the dealership, warranty voids all coverage due to tire size (which is exactly what was on it when i bought it) and the catalytic converter being removed. don't bother giving me hell, I'm already fired up enough. thats another story… $5,000 in parts and labor...

questions are as follows, and trust me, i need some input on this one guys.

came back as 3 bad injectors, a bad ficm, intake manifold is so choked up with carbon along with EGR valve and cooler needs to be replaced.

what I'm wondering is, IF i tell the company to shove it and do it myself..are there any tips that i should keep in mind before i purchase anything? any injector input? refurb or OEM new? where are the best prices or places to start looking?

FICM, what do i need to know or look for?

any manifold input would help too. this is the first time I'm really going to dive in under the hood.

i have a River City Diesel EGR delete that i was getting ready to put in next month… but clearly, things changed. so i no longer have to worry about any of those parts, correct? probably a dumb question but I'm not thinking clearly after all the aggravation..

with all the parts ill be replacing, is it deep enough to really consider doing my studs or is that way more involved at this point. i don't have a way to lift the cab either, so it'll have to be cab on as of now..

i have a decent background in mechanics. i was a helo mech in the Marines, so I'm not completely worthless with a wrench.. so maybe that'll help with any answers..

thanks in advance guys for any input or tips...

·
Administrator
30,791 Posts
they probably need to refund you the purchase price of the warranty
or the selling dealer if applicable needs to step in and deal with them at least check their refund policy

I also bought an aftermarket warranty that had a tire size disclaimer they would verbally agree that I paid more for the lift and tires waiver but it was like pulling teethe to get it in writing ( finally did )

I took them (Guardian warranty) to the BBB three times and always got some $$ back

your repairs are not huge

I would do ford OEM reman injectors /get a BPD or repaired FICM do your EGR delete and put a new or improved oil cooler in it

·
'consent of the governed'
5,754 Posts
First, talk to an attorney or two. If that's how they sold it to you, you have a good case. Did you remove the cat? Not that it should matter.

·
BBBRRRRRTTTTT
6,761 Posts
If they sold you the warranty with said tires and exhaust they should cover it. Those items don't even factor into your faults

Reactions: john galt

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tires are the same, i replaced them, but with same size, make and model. cat i did, but its still a 3.5in exhaust. its the only thing I've changed. not like i did a 4 inch down pipe to a 8 inch stack.

·
Administrator
30,791 Posts
the warranty company may not have been privy to the lift
thats why if you bought it from a dealer you need to go after them

mine was worded as such on the contract and I made sure I had a letter of acceptance from the warranty company

·
'consent of the governed'
5,754 Posts
Find a lawyer that specializes in warranties. Try Avvo dot com. Sometimes the smartest common sense move is the worst legal move. BPD FICM all the way.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i was looking into the BPD ficm. talking to a lawyer already. thanks for the heads up guys. any input on the intake?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
they said due to the injector failure, fuel wasn't burning 100% and caused the intake to get coated with carbon. which makes sense still i have the EGR system still intact..

·
Administrator
30,791 Posts
you can get them pretty clean with a pressure washer and chemicals or have it hot tanked

EDIT = all while it is off the the motor LOL

·
Administrator
30,791 Posts
were talking the intake plenum the big U the toilet seat ? they don't ever replace them as due course because of build up at least not that I have read

is that what the shop was saying ??

·
Administrator
30,791 Posts
also with a bad ficm it's hard to diagnose injector issues

i would look for some second opinions or get the FICM in there then see about the injectors
unless your sure they are bad ?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts