Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to add a better intercooler to my 2004 F250 6.0 Crew Cab. Watcha got? I want to buy :)

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
Spearco has em. Anyways may I ask why you want to upgrade it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just trying to get my truck to as bullet proof as possible before dune season . . . . I'm now unemployed and would prefer to do some proactive work (less money) than a breakdown with big $$$ and every time we tow I get a knot in my stomach since blowin the head because of that stupid EGR cooler failure (out of warranty.) It just makes me so mad to know the Ford opted to screw their customers (I was out of warranty 3 weeks, but way under mileage) when a known documented issue (EGR cooler failure with warped bolts) took out my only vehichle. SEVERAL $1000 dollars that I had it fixed (thank God I was working) and have since paid off the truck and, unfortunately, become unemployed after 30 years (blah, blah, blah).

Anything to make it run cooler I guess when we pull our 14,000 lb trailer full of toys to Glamis is all I ask. I have the ARP studs, new EGR cooler, bigger tranny pan, Volant intake, 5" MBRP exhaust. No tuner or chip. I figured if I gotta be unemployed, I' m going to enjoy the time with my kids and dune season as much as possible.

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
Well honestly you shouldnt need a new intercooler. I'd get a egr delete if I was you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts