Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy an Edge Insight w/egt probe for my 2006 6.0L. PM me with any details.

Also I have one question. Where can you get a pod for them?

·
Bring On The Snow
1,650 Posts
Do an SCT with analog gauges. THey will be far more accurate and look sweet too. And the power of the SCT well...................Its kinda hard to descibe :woot: :thumb: :icon_ford:

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Do an SCT with analog gauges. THey will be far more accurate and look sweet too. And the power of the SCT well...................Its kinda hard to descibe :woot: :thumb: :icon_ford:
+1. Not trying to change your mind (well, yea I am lol), but the SCT is the BEST tuner for the 6.0 out there, hands down. I got my SCT and within a month all my friends running Edge products sold theirs and bought SCT XCal IIs.

Nothing compares to a custom tuned SCT.

And also, the analog gauges will be more accurate than the monitor. Heck my monitor says my tranny temp never goes above 80 degrees and my peak boost is 61lbs lol.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the inputs, they are all great. How would you recommend to get the SCT Xcal3 from? I know that there are alot of dealers on this forum, but I want a good price with great customer service.

Will I need to get custom tunes if all I am doing is daily driving and towing?

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Thanks for the inputs, they are all great. How would you recommend to get the SCT Xcal3 from? I know that there are alot of dealers on this forum, but I want a good price with great customer service.

Will I need to get custom tunes if all I am doing is daily driving and towing?

I personally have tunes from Eric at Innovative Diesel. They by far have the greatest customer service I have ever experienced. I had my truck re-flashed by Ford and had to order new tunes from Eric. He had them in my mailbox in three hours the same day. They are simply GREAT and I recommend them to everyone.

My truck is daily driven and I tow alot during the summer time. I run Innovative's Xtreme Street file all day everyday and then run their tow tune when hauling something heavy.

I also noticed that I had an increase in MPG while using the Xtreme Tune (IF you can keep your foot out of the skinnie pedal).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
+1. Not trying to change your mind (well, yea I am lol), but the SCT is the BEST tuner for the 6.0 out there, hands down. I got my SCT and within a month all my friends running Edge products sold theirs and bought SCT XCal IIs.

Nothing compares to a custom tuned SCT.

And also, the analog gauges will be more accurate than the monitor. Heck my monitor says my tranny temp never goes above 80 degrees and my peak boost is 61lbs lol.
Any suggestions on which analog guages to get and mount?

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I would said it all depends on how much money you are willing to spend. You can get full kits for $100 all the way to a couple hundred dollars.

As for which pillar to get, it depends on your taste. Alot of guys get the A-pillar gauges, a three pod pillar for boost, egt, and tranny temp. But you can also get over head consoles, steering column consoles, and dash pods. It is all up to you.

·
Bring On The Snow
1,650 Posts
Autometer makes a great gauge with many different styles to choose from. Just be sure you have a tranny and pyro and you will be good to go. any other gauges you would want is all personal prference. [email protected] automotive has a great deal on a triple pillar with pyro tranny and boost. Check that out for sure.

·
Premium Member
20,358 Posts
Any suggestions on which analog guages to get and mount?
Majority of people go with full pillar gauges like these: Stealth Automotive. Auto Meter Triple Pillar Gauge Kit Z series

if your looking at an Xcal we offer a package deal with Eric's tunes:Stealth Automotive. SCT Xcallibrator3 Custom Innovative Diesel Tunning/ Gauge Combo Kit

let me know if you have any questions

-Raul

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 13 of 13 Posts