Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
me too :hehe: check your local craigslist.com out.

youll want to buy one with a matching gear ratio as your rear end. It cost quite a bit of money to change the gears out.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts

·
COLLEGE KID
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey do you think i can run a dana 50 solid front end? also,

Rock Crawler Axle Assemblies

this is a sweet deal already geared down but do you think that Its a little extreme. Will i even be able to get up to high way speeds with these axles???

Hey can you can check out this link. its sounds like a good deal but so you think the gear ratio is to extreme for a truck on the street. I am looking at complete Dana 60's in my area for 900-1500 dollars! This link has front and rear re geared axles for 1000 bux a pair. what do you think

·
Super Moderator
31,744 Posts
That ratio is gonna be way to extreme for your truck on the streets Looie

·
COLLEGE KID
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am not looking forward to paying over a thousand bux for an axle but it has to be done. soon. My front end death shake has come back and i dont wanna put more money into my TTB setup.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
ive heard the 99+ (dana 50&60) are the wrong width on the spring perches just like the pre 83 dana 60's :( good luck on the search. im also currently looking at spending about 500 bucks on my front end and thinking about just doing the d60 conversion instead.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
those ones you found have a goofy gear ratio and look older than the hills. their probly not ford and would need more money dumped into them than you want. id look into that 87 f350 thats being parted out. offer the guy 500 bucks for the front and rear axles and offer to pull them your self. that way you can get the steering componants and the brackets to hold them to the springs and every thing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Dana 60 deal for you

I have a 93, F-350 reg. cab L.bed 7.3L 4x4
original D60 upfront Sterling 10.25" in back all original company truck.
Truck has 220,000 miles and blown trans motor runs great all 4x4 works.
Would like to get $1,200 for it. You would have everything you need and some extra parts left over.

·
COLLEGE KID
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
haha! its funny cuz im moving to chicago in 2 months and i need the axle to get my truck road worthy! Is this Irony? I dont think so just bad luck. sorry man freight shipping would kill me, maybe if i can get my truck road worthy for the ride to chicago ill hit you up. wut is it geared at?

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
quite personaly if I was expecting a road trip like that I would be looking at running a difrent set of tires.

·
Registered
15 Posts
They are 4.10 's. If you don't find one before you get here get ahold of me I usually always have or have access to dana 60's.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts