Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a passenger side steering knuckle for a ball joint dana 60. It takes the old style small brake pads so I believe its for a 1992-1994? axle. The hole where the tie rod end bolts to is egg shaped and has play in mine. I haven't been able to find any used ones online yet. Unless there's an aftermarket company that has a heavy duty tie rod replacement where I can drill it out for a bigger tie rod? Does anyone have any suggestions?:please:

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
How high is your truck? You might be able to do a full high steer conversion, I think Sky offers the service. They would take your existing knuckles and machine them for a new mount so all steering would be above the leaf spring. The other think I might try is drilling it out and pressing in some sort of sleve then tacking the ends so it won't move.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its only about an inch taller than a normal 1 ton. I thought about the sleeve but the hole is supposed to be tapered for the tie rod to pull up snug. I can buy a complete king pin 60 for cheaper than a high steer set up. those knuckles are like $300 per side plus steering arms and all that.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Check on Ebay. There is usually a used set for around 300 on there

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've looked all ever Craigslist throughout the state, ebay and some steering/suspension companies online. Everything is for a kingpin. Dynatrac has some for a high steer setup but I can buy a complete kingpin 60 for less.

Sent from my LG-P505 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally found one 3 hours away for $75. We checked around and if anyone else was to have one they are goin for 200 a piece. Goin Friday to get it!:woot:

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
That's a good price. I was looking at getting knuckles after I found out the BJ D60 I bought had a different style of caliper than my D50. Most of the ones I found were around $500 for a pair. I decided that $500 would be better spent on new calipers, rotors and pads rather than using my old but perfectly fine bolt on stuff.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I been thinkin bout goin to the new style, but all the time, effort and money... I could find a king pin 60 for about 800, then later on if I lift my truck more I could do the cross over steering alot cheaper than to find bj 60 knuckles aftermarket to fit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts