Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine is a '99, and a small (1/16") thick piece of plastic broke, so the cupholder-support does not remain upright when open.

Does anyone have a functional one they are willing to let go of? Thanks. :thumb:

·
Ole White
5,253 Posts
In my 99 I had the same problem and I went to the dealership and brought the newer style cupholders like the 6.0's have and it is much better think I paid around 35-40 bucks for it just remove the 2 screws and put the new one in

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In my 99 I had the same problem and I went to the dealership and brought the newer style cupholders like the 6.0's have and it is much better think I paid around 35-40 bucks for it just remove the 2 screws and put the new one in
Cool. Do you, by any chance, have the part number anywhere?

Toddy - dealerships seem to have quite a bit of wiggle-room on prices. I got a VSS up here for under $20 just due to having an "in" at the dealership... even shows on the receipt $33, then minus a "discount".

·
OperationSmile.org
2,011 Posts
I dont have the part number. Just tell em you need a cup holder assembly from a 04 and it will bolt in and also be an upgrade from your cup thrower you currently have. I know all about the wiggle room. The local dealer wanted 130 for the cup holder. The deal 20 minutes from me wanted less than 60. SHop around for the best deal

·
Registered
54 Posts
I walked into my local ford dealership and they quoted me $295. Whats the trick to get one for $40. I have a 99 f-350 that the small plastic wishbone part broke.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Cup holder

I have the rear couple holder from a 2002 F350 that I pulled out to get a subwoofer box to fit in there. Would that work for you?:dunno:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Tod burns Payne

LMAO! I guess I'm not paying enough attention am I? Thanks Tod. I needed a good laugh.

·
OperationSmile.org
2,011 Posts
Have you been filling up on that Mexican Diesel? If so are they still giving people crap about it

·
Registered
74 Posts
Mexican Diesel

For almost 6 months now I have been filling up transfer tanks on our trucks with the Mexican Diesel. They hassled us for a little bit until I figured out the "system". We went to a local church, and got them collecting clothing for poor people in Mexico. I would fill up the stuff w/ diesel, and then drop off clothing and sometimes food to the local Catholic church down there. Drive back across the border, and when they ask you where you've been you say, "Just made another run w/ clothing and food for the Church". On average, we probably bring back 300 gallons per week this way, and FYI we were very worried at first about the quality and ran extra filters on the tanks. To date we have had no noticeable lack of power, and ZERO issues with the filters either on the vehicles or on the transfer tanks. I am very convinced that it is quality fuel at this point (I'm a real proof is in the pudding type of guy) Prices fluctuate slightly but on average I have been paying between $2.08 and $2.35 a gallon. Did you do it for a while and then get hassled by the DOT or something? DOT tried to tax us a couple of times at first on the fuel, but each time I told them that we have a bulk tank at our yard and that company policy is to fill full up ea/ day before leaving. Since they don't check the tanks when you cross the border INTO Mexico, they have no way to actually know how much you are bringing OUT of Mexico. 6 months at 300 gallons per week (we run big equipment too) and $2.15 a gallon = some AMAZING savings, especially when diesel was creeping up to $5.00.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The cupholder that broke was the one in the front. Thanks for the offer. Any help on locating a 2004 front cupholder would be appreciated.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts