Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a black CPS for my 7.3 and can't seem to find one. Anyone have some surplus?

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:bump::bump:

·
Premium Member
4,448 Posts
just out of curiosity why do you want an outdated cam sensor? the new ones are gray and much cheaper. I pull out the black ones and throw them away usually about 1 or 2 a month.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I might have one. I have to check for you in the morning.
Mark

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I appreciate it.
Can't find one out here, they are all the new grey ones

·
Registered
512 Posts
I didnt find one that I had. My new one is gray too.

·
Registered
48 Posts
take the cam sensor 2 ford garage and tell the m u want a new one i do and they give me one cuz the black ones r out of date and its covered under ford 2 replace them

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What problems did you have? Did it fix it?

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
i was told by the parts guy @ the local IH dealer that there is no difference besides the color of the plastic...

just sayin...

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i was told by the parts guy @ the local IH dealer that there is no difference besides the color of the plastic...

just sayin...
There are differences because they are for different motors and will do different things. e.g., the blue one retards the timing, etc..

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
good to know!

i asked them about the black one for the 7.3 rather than the gray and that was their response

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
just out of curiosity why do you want an outdated cam sensor? the new ones are gray and much cheaper. I pull out the black ones and throw them away usually about 1 or 2 a month.
There is no shortage of info out there on the issues caused by the gray CPS...
sevenmalards, I have 2 used black CPS's that I carry as back-ups. If you need one give me a shout.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Are all the CPS's the same. i bought a black one from my local pepboys for 32 bucks but it was made for a 97+. My new gray one is givin me trouble. They didnt have the 94-96 in stock and plus their pricing was messed up. the computer said retail: $46.00 and sale $162.00. the guy goes i can have it here by tomorrow, i was like ummm no thats one heck ofa markup and I thought all the cps's regaurdless of years are the same.
Mark

·
Registered
383 Posts
Mines blue...just to throw that out there. I have a grey one for back up...id love to have a black one but no one has them anymore. The color does matter its for all different things. I think there is a red one too. Im not even sure what the different things are i just know there is different ones...

Steve

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just bought the blue CPS, International part # 1807339c92 off ebay for $59.00 plus $7.00 shipping.
I'll see how the truck reacts to it and I'll post up what I find out. I've heard the blue one retards the timing a bit but give good mileage.

·
Registered
585 Posts
the GRAY CPS is a total pile of dog sh!t.... its only good for a spare to get you off the side of the road....

i need one bad... might have to buy the blue one if i cant find another black one...

·
Registered
383 Posts
There are black ones for sale on ebay...type in Ford CPS and look through them...there are blues blacks and greys. But yes...the grey sucks...its terrible...it can turn a nice 7.3l into a peice of poop....so spend the money...get a blue or black...its a huge difference.

·
Registered
585 Posts
just got a black one for $26 on ebay... seems kinda cheap but he had a pic of a black one and clearly said it was black... so we shall see if i get hosed...

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Installed the blue IH CPS that I bought on ebay.
The codes cleared and the knock went away:thumb:

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Installed the blue IH CPS that I bought on ebay.
The codes cleared and the knock went away:thumb:
i have a spare black one in my glove compartment for my 96er, you can have if you end up not liking the blue one. i live in Santa Rosa, CA. which is a few miles north of you.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts