Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As it says, got new wheels and they hit the leaf springs, got a little time as the trucks getting headstuds installed so lmk what you've got!

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Check ebay... lots on there

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check ebay... lots on there
Very true, was seeing if I could find a nice used set for half the price ;)

Yes, I'm cheap, but with fuel now days can you blame me? :lol:

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nobody has anything for me!?

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
I need a set too, but I'm not jumping in on you here, I have a question. Anyone run these before? Do you sacrifice any strength or anything? Some say they are not the way to go. Just curious brfore I buy a set.

·
Registered
201 Posts
im also wondering if they are bad to run because im really short on cash with these fuel prices but would like to get rid of some rub and make i think my truck would look better with some more spacing

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you get the really strong billet aluminum ones I really don't see a problem with it. I'm personally not worried about it, I live in an apt complex with small parking spots, and it'd be nice to be able to turn my wheel all the way to get into those spots.. :lol:

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Jason so is your truck in the shop right now getting the studs

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
All I've hever heard was the added leverage from the spacer causing bearing wear. Someone else on her mentioned a bent hub plate from a pot hole, But I have no personal experience with this.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
All I've hever heard was the added leverage from the spacer causing bearing wear. Someone else on her mentioned a bent hub plate from a pot hole, But I have no personal experience with this.
It was still in the shop when I talked to him yesterday.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have a set that I ran for about a week with no problems. 4 2" spacers and all nuts, Billet al. make an offer. or call me 410-808-4441
Eric

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
3,673 Posts

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nobody has anything used? I could use a set, this leaf spring rubbing is getting annoying!

·
Registered
393 Posts
I wondered what my truck would look like with a set but wondered if they were safe towing heavy weight.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No idea, still need some though! ttt

·
Ole White
5,253 Posts
I have 2 inch spacers on mine and it was the only way to stop the tires from rubbing the leaves and now I can turn as sharp as I want.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have 2 inch spacers on mine and it was the only way to stop the tires from rubbing the leaves and now I can turn as sharp as I want.
Yeah, there's no other way, and it's SO annoying because every now and then when I'm working far away I like to take my wifes car, but I'm scared to let her drive this and tear up my tires.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts