Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I am looking for possibly a 6" but preferably 8" lift for my '05 Superduty. It is an f250 Crewcab FX4 Powerstroke. I already have a set of 37X12.50's on 20" wheels and just need the lift.

thank you

·
Rice Hunter
4,036 Posts
:agree: with Raul. Depends on what ya wanna spend and what you expect from this lift to do for ya.
Goin for looks?
Goin for comfort?
Goin cheap?
Goin Longevity?

Some good vendors on this org....check'm out
ONE has chimed in already:wink[3]:

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the replies
I am doing this more for looks, won't be any heavy duty offroading.
I also really don't want 8" radius arm drops brackets as I don't really like the way they look. I know superlift does a 4" drop bracket and 4" caster bracket (cut off some of radius arm and bolt them on). Trying to keep cost to a minimal as well. Or possibly someone has some pics of some lifts using drop brackets I could see, I know some of the ones I see around town don't look that great. Someone had a used BDS 8" 4-link on here for sale, I thought he was going to sell to me, but he disappeared.
thanks again for all the help

·
Premium Member
20,359 Posts
Thanks for all the replies
I am doing this more for looks, won't be any heavy duty offroading.
I also really don't want 8" radius arm drops brackets as I don't really like the way they look. I know superlift does a 4" drop bracket and 4" caster bracket (cut off some of radius arm and bolt them on). Trying to keep cost to a minimal as well. Or possibly someone has some pics of some lifts using drop brackets I could see, I know some of the ones I see around town don't look that great. Someone had a used BDS 8" 4-link on here for sale, I thought he was going to sell to me, but he disappeared.
thanks again for all the help
hey bud pm me your price range if you like... that way i know what kits will be in your budget. it will make it easier to suggest a kit :)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sweet looking truck Tank, I think I would like to go at least 6", preferably 8"
the cutouts are nice though.

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
Thanks man....

I just like to jump into these threads to give guys other options...that's all.

Even though you "can" tow with a 14" lift...doesn't mean it's a good idea...

So whenever I see a guy asking about lifts, and that he tows,..and wants big tires,..I figure I'll chime in.

I have a TOTAL of 4.5" lift, and 41" tires,...perfect for towing,..nice and low, but huge tires, which also makes working out of the bed another plus, over a big lift.

And a few more good things about small lifts,...low COG, wider stance, and less "driveline issues", and mostly,...doing it the way I did.....is wayyyyyyyyy cheaper....I think....lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts