Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy some 39 or 40 in tires for an 18in rim. Id like some Iroks, or Mickey Thompson ATZs, or an all terrain radial that I can get some mileage out of.

·
Registered
211 Posts
bump!!!:bump:
i'm gonna be needing a set to.

·
Registered
138 Posts
well if your lookin for milage, then dont look at pretty much any Super Swamper, except maybe the new M16, trxus sts or the SSR's. Interco doesnt really focus on road milage as much as they do actual off-raod performance..The IROK is a soft tire, but they do look BadA$$.. and I am currently runnin MTZ's on my truck till i can get a pair of 40inch SS, but they are a pretty decent tire.. I got a locker in the rear to and these tires have lasted A WHILE.. even with burnouts and slidin sideways all the time, they still have plenty of tread on them with well over 30,000 miles...

·
Registered
138 Posts
well mine are holdin up pretty good, and i literally get my truck sideways at least once a day.. and i've cut doughnuts and power-braked it idk how many times.. its time to rotate them, but the rear right now are about 60-65% tread, and the fronts are i'd say a good 75% tread.. so if ya ask me, i'd say they wear purdy gah-durn good for having a 8000lb truck sliding them across pavement.. and might i say that they are a pretty decent tire in the mud too.. the only reason why i'm goin with SS next is cuz, well for one to me they look meaner, two, i want 40's, three i'm off-raod every chance i get, and four i've just always had Interco tires on my lifted vehicles. Boggers are my next tire.. yeah i know they will ride like Sh**, but they sure do look mean and i need a more agressive tire for when i go home to georgia for our yearly xmas/ new years mud bogg..

·
Registered
458 Posts
just bought brand new 40/13.50/17 wrangler mtr for 1400 dollars shipped not a typo check out ebay there are some pretty sweet deals, in my area those tires go for over 500 a piece

·
Registered
138 Posts
just bought brand new 40/13.50/17 wrangler mtr for 1400 dollars shipped not a typo check out ebay there are some pretty sweet deals, in my area those tires go for over 500 a piece
That is a good deal... Plus those are pretty durn good tires too.. we put them on our HUMVEE's and they hold up just fine with 10,000lbs of truck and armor on them in the rocks and sand of Afgahnistan. :ar15: :flag:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts