Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a black painted 05+ grille.

Also would take a set of 05 Harley lights.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I need a black painted 05+ grille.

Also would take a set of 05 Harley lights.
I just bought a set of Harley Headlights off of Ebay. not bad pricing over there. i think i paid 176 shipped

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just bought a set of Harley Headlights off of Ebay. not bad pricing over there. i think i paid 176 shipped
Dang...thats cheap...got a link, or the name of the seller?

·
Registered
511 Posts

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you have an older truck Pahrump?
I have a 2008 thats in my sig and avatar, and a 2000Excursion with a 2005-07 front end.

·
Registered
497 Posts
They must have been knock off HD lights. I got my new ones from Bret at
Discounted Genuine Ford Parts
I bought some 02 headlights on ebay a few years ago and i paid a very inexpensive price also. I guess you could consider them "knockoff" too, but they worked fine for me. If these 05 lights dont work out for me, so be it. The guy has the same headlights on ebay for 279 also. I just happened to get them for 176. i will take the deal i got. And i guess my towing mirrors i found on Ebay for $182 shipped to my door were knockoffs too??? well, they fit pretty darn good and havent had a problem with them. Oh and just because these are inexpensive doesnt mean they are cheap. Just pay attention to the ratings of the sellers.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Well Soaggy, i will let u stay on your soap box. I bought some 02 headlights on ebay a few years ago and i paid a very inexpensive price also. I guess you could consider them "knockoff" too, but they worked fine for me. If these 05 lights dont work out for me, so be it. The guy has the same headlights on ebay for 279 also. I just happened to get there for 176. i will take the deal i got. And i guess my towing mirrors i found on Ebay for $182 shipped to my door were knockoffs too??? well, they fit pretty darn good and havent had a problem with them.
Since this was your original response I will stay on my soap box just for you.

Aren't you the same guy who wants a BTS transmission? Why spend the money, just buy an aftermarket one off ebay and SAVE money? Better yet get the Racer X setup and DIY or have someone local build it.

You want a Terminator why not do your own Gen 3 setup and have the same effect and save lots of money?

Airdog? They are overpriced and overrated just make your own high flow fuel system and save.

Mini Me's, don't be wasteful do the DIY kit from Jim and save.

Your exhaust is MBRP you could have saved lots of money and bought one of the many other less expensive brands out there.

I have bought aftermarket or knockoff stuff before and have not had good luck with finish, fitment or quality. That is why I suggested OEM parts

You did want to save money right?

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guys....thanks for the input....I got a set of the lights on the way, and the grille is installed.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Since this was your original response I will stay on my soap box just for you.

Aren't you the same guy who wants a BTS transmission? Why spend the money, just buy an aftermarket one off ebay and SAVE money? Better yet get the Racer X setup and DIY or have someone local build it.

You want a Terminator why not do your own Gen 3 setup and have the same effect and save lots of money?

Airdog? They are overpriced and overrated just make your own high flow fuel system and save.

Mini Me's, don't be wasteful do the DIY kit from Jim and save.

Your exhaust is MBRP you could have saved lots of money and bought one of the many other less expensive brands out there.

I have bought aftermarket or knockoff stuff before and have not had good luck with finish, fitment or quality. That is why I suggested OEM parts

You did want to save money right?
There are some things i will buy off Ebay and give a try, and some things i wont, theres a big difference there. And OEM have been known to be defective also, have u not experienced that??? Like i said, i bought my 02 headlights off of ebay also and NEVER had a problem with them, they have held up nicely. You are comparing apples to oranges with cosmetic to driveability

and yes i want a BTS transmission, there is nothing wrong with that. Why would i go with something cheaper in that department that wont last?? And i dont think i am the only one who wants a BTS.

As far as Terminator, why not go with the best once again??? Doesnt it make sense to go with the guys that have the best warranty on the market for something that could keep my truck from moving???

As far as injectors, i know many guys who have done the DIY's and have been successful, i havent ruled that out either. There is nothing wrong with the DIY injectors. If i decide to go with David's Mini Me's, i know i will be taken care of. also, if i decide to go with DIYs, i know i will be taken care of too.

I got my MBRP exhaust because i knew i would be taken care of by Dennis, becaue in my opinion, he has the best customer service out there and i got a deal on the package i bought. I save my money for my mods and get them when the money is available, and when i find a deal i buy them, there is nothing wrong with that.

Sorry for the derail Pahrump.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just an update to my thread....got my lights and got em installed...great product and hell of a price.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Very nice!! I used different bulbs so I wouldn't have that orange glow during the day. I believe they were silver star but I believe there are chrome bulbs on ebay that are similar.

More pics, please!

·
Registered
361 Posts
heres some pics of the silverstars...def better looking than the orange glow, IMO. sharp lookin rig by the way, looks great :icon_ford:

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.