Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Yeah, but like I said I’m not a fan so I try and only buy things from them that they won’t make much on like engine oil, transmission fluid cases and stuff like that. And it needs to be cheaper than I can get locally by a fair amount. I also use Amazon smile and my charity is the NRA so they have to give a portion of every order to them.
Understood, might shy away from Costco also then.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Understood, might shy away from Costco also then.
Costco from here is in the 300 mile range so for me that isn’t a problem.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
That wire looks like your cam sensor wire... If it is you’ll want to fix it sooner than later!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Yeah I’m not currently driving the truck until I get things sorted. That loom has jumped to the top of the sorted list. I really hate it when things cut in line. I just lucked out finding it when I was looking at other things on the front of the engine. Glad I did though.

·
Premium Member
8,432 Posts
This one is a handy tool as well
Lisle 59000 Ratcheting Serpentine Belt Tool

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Update on da truck.

I was able to get the wiring out from behind the thermostat once I removed the thermostat and housing. Getting the thermostat out was a pain because the tension on the wiring was holding it in place.

I used the bolt removal process on the alternator to get the belt loosened but I modified it just a bit. I used my 18” grip clamp to hold the alternator down after I had removed the front bolts this way I could remove the rear bolt without worrying about screwing up the threads and then loosened the clamp so the alternator would fall forward. That seemed to work extremely well. It was much easier than trying to hold the tensioner with a breaker bar. It was so easy I might just continue to use that method whenever I need to change a belt. But I now have the new tensioner on so I shouldn’t have to. Knowing there is an easy way though if I can’t get the “trick” to work for me is a relief.

Reactions: RMTZ07PS
21 - 26 of 26 Posts