Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
sold my 02' f250 with 285/75/r16's, with 2" front leveling spring pack kit. i sold it to my boss. this weekend he said the steering shaft broke, meaning the input shaft inside the steering gear. unit has no visible leaks. luckily he wasnt hurt when the oak tree stopped him.
my ?? is, are there any known issues with the steering gears on these trucks, thanks, scott
also truck only has 86k miles on it.

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
Well I think mines gone out thus why mines in the shop. It just sometimes dont want to turn and its just not right...

·
Premium Member
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I think mines gone out thus why mines in the shop. It just sometimes dont want to turn and its just not right...
this one never had any issues before, until now. we think that
"uncle bud" may have had his hands in it, but were not sure:hehe:

·
Premium Member
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just thought i would let you guys know if you dont already. "uncle bud" was confirmed he had no help in this mishap. the insurance adjuster stated he was aware of a problem with these trucks. he stated they have had to replace the gears due to this problem.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I bought my 350 from a salvage yard and noticed how the output shaft of the gearbox broke at the pitman arm. Dunno if this is what your talking about or another common issue. Are there any better bolt in options out there?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts