Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,585 Posts
There are others still in business and reputable. I.E. Innovative and Gearhead etc.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are others still in business and reputable. I.E. Innovative and Gearhead etc.
Yeah, I hear ya Justin. My tsd spd has been in need of replacement. I have the unlimited tow from gearhead. I like it. I guess I could try their srl ++?

·
Registered
8,585 Posts
The SRL tune has been very popular for a long time. A good majority of tuning has been diverted to the 6.7l so the 7.3l, 6.0l, and even some 5.9 cummins tuners have slowly reduced those tunes and diverted to the 6.7l just to keep with times. (I drive a 7.3l) so im one to talk but give some of the good ole boys a call/order and im sure they'll treat ya just fine.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I know the 6.0 is old tech but its bulletproofed and doesn't give me any problems. I'll have to get a hold of GH and see about a tune. Thanks, Justin

·
Registered
223 Posts
Just out of curiosity what does "My tsd spd has been in need of replacement." mean? I have heard very little bad things about those tunes and absolutely loved it in my truck. Just curious if you were wanting to try something different or having some sort of issue.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just out of curiosity what does "My tsd spd has been in need of replacement." mean? I have heard very little bad things about those tunes and absolutely loved it in my truck. Just curious if you were wanting to try something different or having some sort of issue.
It's under the turbo quite a bit. You really have to 'drive' the truck. Play with the throttle to get the rpm's up before you really want to step on it. First startup it smokes a lot and has no throttle response for a few minutes. Switch to my gearhead tow tune and it starts and runs flawlessly. Just not the power level I want.

KC turbo 1.5, studs, banks cac and tubes, manifold elbow, cold air intake, 4" turbo back exhaust, stock injectors.

·
Registered
223 Posts
No judgement here man. I my truck was setup pretty well like yours but I had the Stage 2 turbo instead of the 1.5 and like I said before I loved it. Have you reached out to see if they could do a few revisions? Also I get it sometimes it's just time to try something new. Good luck my man

·
Vendor
12,878 Posts
We got 6.0 tuning too. 🤷🏼‍♂️

1 - 14 of 14 Posts