Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Duper Duty
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well tonight I went and straight piped my stock exhaust. and all i can say is WOW it sounds amazing. i dont know why i waited so long to do this. when it comes time for my exhaust there will be a delete pipe instead of a muffler now :noteworthy: :icon_ford:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Any pictures? I also did mine tonight! Sound's awesome!!!

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
With the windows up and the AC blowing, is it much louder in the cab?

·
Registered
511 Posts
With the windows up and the AC blowing, is it much louder in the cab?
That is subject to one's opinion and I am judging this by my 95 supercab long bed. It was louder but not that much however I noticed when I had the rear seat folded down it is quieter inside with windows up.

I liked it at first but it got old so I put a muffler on.

·
Super Duper Duty
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i find that at idle there is a little rumble but when you accelerate is where you hear it also crusing it whistles more last nite i pulled a trailer for a hour and i finally put the windows up cuz it was getting to be a little much

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also cut the muffler off and it sounds great. I had the local shop weld a piece on that exits the side in front of the rear tire for $40 and it sounds great.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I also cut the muffler off and it sounds great. I had the local shop weld a piece on that exits the side in front of the rear tire for $40 and it sounds great.

Yep, and its gonna turn that back tire/wheel BLACK, and be carefull, the soot, and come cleaners can eat the coating on aluminum wheels...

I had one, and put a stack on to save the wheel.... Might put the side pipe back on, make the wheels black, etc... just dont know...

Anyway, glad ya'll are happy with the straight pipe.....

Stewartte, wait till that EBPV kicks on when its cold going down the hwy... sounds.... different in the cab...

Chase

1 - 8 of 8 Posts