Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Look at the drivers side door handle it looks like it's been broken into..

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Look at the drivers side door handle it looks like it's been broken into..
Which might explain why the rear window is not tinted and doesn't have the power rear slider even though the switch is there...:doh:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
:badidea:The drivers door is messed up, the rear window has been replaced and it was used to pull a 5er you can see the marks in the bed maybe that is how they lost the window turned to sharp with a short bed:doh: I think it has been in the shop 1 to many times + to many miles
2 stroker:icon_ford:

·
Registered
225 Posts
FWIW...I live in Dallas and just bought an 06 King Ranch Long Bed that is pretty close to that rig. Mine had 98K miles, and I paid $19K. I did a lot of research in the area, and think I got a pretty damn good deal. My oasis only had a EGR valve at 92K miles. I would keep looking, especially in the area, there are definitely better deals.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Once it's Out of warranty it doesn't matter how many miles because you are paying for it so look for one that's been maintained and you'll be fine. Hauling a 5er wouldn't bother me on one of these because they like to be worked. also, having the plug installed in the bed like that shows the guy isn't a novice. after being in the business, That's just not something someone asks for unless they are a veteran RV'er the rear window just shows the guy was cheap when he broke it lol

·
Registered
515 Posts
better deals are out there.

In Sep 08 I found a truck on ebay that expired. I contacted the guy and ended up buying it after the auction. I never was so nervous in my life, as i flew (check in hand) to DFW Texas to purchase a 2008 CCSB Lariat. It had only 17,000 miles, need a couple minor warranty repairs and paid $30,000. Saved over $25,000 had i bought it new here in Montana. Other than getting crap for mileage its been a great truck for last two years,,,

recap: 2008 in 2008, with 17,000miles, for $30,000... good deals CAN BE FOUND,, but i dont feel that you would be getting the best bang for you buck on this one,, just my:twocents:

·
Registered
515 Posts
good luck bro,,, still think its too much.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
2006 Ford Super Duty F-250 Lariat Mansfield, Texas | North Texas Truck Stop

This place seems to have some decent deals...anyone ever purchased a vehicle from there?
That truck is essentially identical to mine. However the price for mine was exactly $1,000 less and my truck had 20,000 less miles. I'm sure if you worked at it you could get them to come down on the price a bit. But as long as you like it and it checks out ok I say go for it. It's definitely better than the KR you were originally looking at IMO. I do find it odd that this one has a CEL when it's running though. You can see it in some of the pics.

·
Registered
759 Posts
i paid 20k for mine with 20,000 miles on it, looks like a flawless truck, prolly all highway miles, still the price seems steep, ide low ball them and see what they say. good luck!

·
Registered
556 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I called and asked about the CEL and they didnt have an answer. Also, they were unwilling to negotiate on the price...they said they could come down "maybe $200 because our profit margins here are very small".

What about this truck here? A bit higher mileage...can anyone run an OASIS on it? Here is the VIN # 1ftsw21p16ed78824

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Also noticed the locking hubs AND 4WD selector?!?!?! Did that change from the 05 to 06, cuz mine doesnt have locking hubs?
Every Super Duty has a way to lock the hubs manually. The ones with the switch can have the hubs in Auto or Lock.

Matt, the black one isn't bad looking. I'm definitely not a fan of the purple tint on the front windows but that could easily be removed if you don't like it. Get an OASIS on it and check it out in person. Honestly, the Dark Stone one you posted earlier could be fine as well as you get the CEL looked into and any repairs completed before purchasing obviously at the selling dealer's cost.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Its a sharp truck, but my question would be is what happened to the rear window? theres no tint on the back window at all

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Much nicer truck. Did note the CEL light on. Engine was running too, so its a legit light. Also noticed the locking hubs AND 4WD selector?!?!?! Did that change from the 05 to 06, cuz mine doesnt have locking hubs?
It does , they are under your center caps .

·
Registered
556 Posts
It does , they are under your center caps .

Never looked behind the caps. I figured you just switch the selector in the cab, and your good to go. So I gotta go old skool and lock in the hubs too huh?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Never looked behind the caps. I figured you just switch the selector in the cab, and your good to go. So I gotta go old skool and lock in the hubs too huh?
You only have to lock your hubs if the auto system fails.

Alright the seach continues...I have another option here.

2006 Ford F250 Lariat 113218 miles, auto, diesel, 4x4---VERY NICE

The VIN is : 1ftsw21p16ed78824

Would anyone mind running an OASIS on it before I head down there to take a look?
Just take the VIN to a Ford dealer on your way to look at it. It won't take them more than 2 minutes to pull it up.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have test drove a couple trucks @ North Texas Truck Stop. They were both under $20k and I was afraid one of them wasn't going to make it back. They do have a ton of trucks and they will not move on price.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts