Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently looking into purchasing my first diesel. Just sold my 2002 5.4L Supercrew and want to get a 3/4 ton. After doing the research I am going to go with a 6.0L.

I live in Oklahoma but am going to go to Dallas tomorrow to take a look at this. Carfax and OASIS reports are clean, minus a HPOP and #2 fuel injector replacement around 50,000 miles. Would you all have second thoughts about purchasing this?

Midway Auto Group - 2006 Ford Super Duty F-250 King Ranch 4WD CREW CAB - Stock# B56025

·
Registered
726 Posts
thats a nice truck i love my king ranch 6.0 and i think you would be ok with the buy seems like decent price king ranches are high got a few miles on her, maby someone can run a oasis report for you and see wat it shows.

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Just my opinion but that's allot of cash for a 151k mile truck . I would search the truck forums on here . There are allot of nice trucks on here and most of them are very well taken care of .

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have looked quite extensively in the DFW area for a decent deal...I really dont want to spend more than 20k and my requirements are a crew cab, short bed, with leather. No lift (leveling kit OK) and never been chipped. Haha if I am going to spend that kind of money I guess I can be picky.

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
I agree . I just think you can find a lower mileage truck for 20k . Is year important ?

·
Registered
194 Posts
ok this makes sense in my head but may not you :hehe: but 151k miles is not a bunch on a 6.0 but it is alot if the truck is new to you...and that does seem a little steep on the price even if it is a kr

·
Registered
194 Posts
didnt mean for that to sound like you dont know what your talking about, it was more of a idk how to say this the right way kind of thing

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
There is a guy on here that had a very nice low mileage 6.0 for sale , I think 04 . Don't remember exactly what he wanted for it . You can get them shipped fairly cheap or do what I did when I bought my 08 , one way ticket and drive her home , get to know her .

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I understand that at 150k the 6.0 is "just getting broken in" but I would feel more comfortable if it had <120k. If it were around that I would probably pull the trigger. I am just not sure...

·
Registered
194 Posts
I understand that at 150k the 6.0 is "just getting broken in" but I would feel more comfortable if it had <120k. If it were around that I would probably pull the trigger. I am just not sure...
yeah that is def just getting broken in but like i said i would rather be the one doing the breaking in haha, i just went through this same situation, found a 05 king ranch with 102k for 19 and a 06 lariat with 77k for 23...went the with 06

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
I say keep looking . I would look for one with no more than 50k miles . That is just me though . I wouldn't want a worn out truck . I say even though the motor is still strong at those miles everything else is wearing out .

·
Registered
194 Posts
i totally understand the whole money is tight thing man, good luck and let us know what happens! :thumb:

·
Registered
188 Posts
I love my 06 KR, I would recommend a 05 or newer. the suspension is much nicer than the 04 and older. the one you posted a link to is a twin to mine. the pictures show a sliding rear window switch, but a solid rear glass. The wheels don't match the door sticker, the 18's are two tone.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I also love my 06 king ranch.... I got mine from my dad at 140,000 miles he drove it on the road only it has never seen mud at all... sense I got it i have done somethings to it but I will say a truck with this 140 to 180 is going to start showing wear things such as tie rods, ball joins, hubs, and its a 6.0 so heads are always at question it seems like a good truck from the picks but check all this out I love mine but this truck as well as mine are at a point that they need some care and they will run forever but just know you will spend money on it one way or another........ Its a truck buy it drive it break it and fix it.....

·
Registered
726 Posts
There is a guy on here that had a very nice low mileage 6.0 for sale , I think 04 . Don't remember exactly what he wanted for it . You can get them shipped fairly cheap or do what I did when I bought my 08 , one way ticket and drive her home , get to know her .

yeah its a 04 studded n deleted truck with lots of mods for 21 its a buddy on mines but its a extended cab n located in north carolina, if thths the one you refering to

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hey man, just a question...I have a friend who is trying to sell his 04 F-350 Crew-Cab Lariat locally in Southern Oregon. Deep Red with Gold Two Tone, Almost new looking interior but with 198,000 miles, for $12,000.00 obo only other drawback is long bed. I have looked it over for many of the common issues on the forum here, and it Runs Beautiful with No Codes, No Chips. OASIS shows a nice Super Duty. Any interest?? I can send photos. Totally understand if the 198K is more than you may have an interest in.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Seems a little pricey for that kind of mileage. Plus, you dont know how the previous owner treated it. I just bought my 06 about a month ago. 27k miles, $32k. Paid a little more than I wanted, but it's a CLEAN rig.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts