Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looked at this 08 last week and didn't realize that all the pictures were not of the truck for sale. Anyway when we looked at the truck it was at a body shop and had just had the roof replaced because it was damaged. I seen that the seller was also parting out a 08 6.4 as I was interested in the rear end(sold). Seller told me they used the roof off of the parts truck to repair this one. The truck for sale is from Texas which is a plus for a salt belt buyer, but I was not interested because of the repair. Seller just texted that he well sell for $22,000 instead of $25 that he was asking. I told my wife we could go to Texas and get one, but that equals more $$$

2008 FORD F-250 CREW CAB LARIAT 4x4 NAV AIR SUSPENSION 5 WHEEL

2008 FORD F250 / 350 FRAME & SUSPENSION

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He said it has a clear title. I was going to car fax it and get an oasis report done. Was kind of worried that they switched vins as the front window was not back in the truck yet. Was going to check the vin on the frame if I looked at it again.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yeah I would run the vin and make sure it's legit and if it is and you can afford it I would buy it bring it back home and sell it for more money and buy one that hasn't been wrecked just flip it ya know

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I told my wife we could do also. The truck was clean other than the damage to the roof.

·
Registered
175 Posts
If I were you thats what I would do and make some money on it and then you can buy yourself a nicer truck I mean what would it cost you to go pick it up couple hundred bucks you'll make that back when you sell it

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The roof had been changed when I looked at it, but the seller said that it looked like a tree or something like it fell on the middle of the roof. It broke the front and rear windows. Problem for me buying the truck is that I have to pay tax on it to get it back in the country. 13% or close to it.

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
I dunno man, personally I'd keep on looking. If you don't know the whole story and are have doubts about the truck, pass on it. $22k for an 08 isn't an amazing deal, especially if it's sustained serious damage.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just an update. Seller said he would go as low as $21,000, and that he was going to take it to an auction. Anyway I went to look at it again with all the repairs done. I passed on the truck as the doors didn't close right, back window didn't have a seal and was glued in, scrapes on the hood and the box was repaired also. Funny thing was that I ran a car fax and it didn't show any damage.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Eek!! Good call.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 12 of 12 Posts