Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Wot on tsd's Super panty dropper

5871 Views 12 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  drewboyd2012
Hey guys, ive been running tsds spd tune for a while now and one of my buddys wanted to race so I said hell why not. At wot I watched as my rpms hit 4300 coming from my cts aswell. Truck ran awesome but is that bad? My deltas were all in check. I just thought that was high and dont know how I feel about that lol. Egts only hit 1100 at 29 psi boost.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Your transmission won't like you very much, but heck. To play big, you'll need to pay big.

Chris the guy who makes the spd, his rev limiter reaches 4000 , it's made to hit 4000 on WOT run, but if you have the extra $ to spend on tranny rebuild, then go ahead. But I used to have spd, used to race my brother in laws 530i, and ricers, but in the end, is it worth it? To me not, I need something reliable, to take the family out or just drive it. So I loaded street king by Drew at backroadperformance, and couldn't be happier. Mild tune, and firm shifts. Really happy. Now my injectors need replacing. But ultimately the choice is yours. Is a 4000rpm bad for the engine, sure it's extra wear and cylinder pressure, and extra load on the tranny, but your choice if you want lay into it at Every stop light.

Sent from tapatalk PRO ........ I WISH
Its a race tune, lol. Don't run it if you're worried. Any time you push any vehicle hard, you're creating more wear and tear. Just respect it and don't dog it all the time. JMO
Reactions: 2
Your transmission won't like you very much, but heck. To play big, you'll need to pay big.

Chris the guy who makes the spd, his rev limiter reaches 4000 , it's made to hit 4000 on WOT run, but if you have the extra $ to spend on tranny rebuild, then go ahead. But I used to have spd, used to race my brother in laws 530i, and ricers, but in the end, is it worth it? To me not, I need something reliable, to take the family out or just drive it. So I loaded street king by Drew at backroadperformance, and couldn't be happier. Mild tune, and firm shifts. Really happy. Now my injectors need replacing. But ultimately the choice is yours. Is a 4000rpm bad for the engine, sure it's extra wear and cylinder pressure, and extra load on the tranny, but your choice if you want lay into it at Every stop light.

Sent from tapatalk PRO ........ I WISH
Yeah. I drive very conservative most of the time. That was the first time ive had the truck at wot lol! Your right you gotta pay to play!
Its a race tune, lol. Don't run it if you're worried. Any time you push any vehicle hard, you're creating more wear and tear. Just respect it and don't dog it all the time. JMO
Well yeah it is! I just never ran it at wot! Lol
Like the others have said, it'll be fine as long as you don't go around dogging it all day long. A couple hard WOT pulls a week won't hurt anything.

6.0's are probably the highest revving diesels when racing. A cummins at 4300 rpm would let loose if it didn't have some serious motor work done. I had my old 5.9 at 4000rpm once, it was the scariest thing I've ever done. Never did it again. Sounded like the whole engine was going to shoot out of the hood lol.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
what lock up do you use on your tune? they have a few options and I'm kinda curious what one is more popular or what people like the best, normal or early converter lock up?
I run the MPD with normal lockup. I didn't want early because I don't drive it rough. I like the driveability of it.
I 2nd the MPD only had it 3 days but it drives beautifully runs smooth and is quick.
what lock up do you use on your tune? they have a few options and I'm kinda curious what one is more popular or what people like the best, normal or early converter lock up?
Im pretty sure its early lockup. Im probably going to go back to the mpd tomorrow. i just like the firm shifts and its still pretty quick and does not hit 4300 rpm haha
I think the important think here is , DID YOU WIN!?
Reactions: 1
I think the important think here is , DID YOU WIN!?
I sure did! He pulled back up beside me and said if it wasn't for my turbo lag I would have kept up with you. Of course I just laughed it off because im pretty sure he was in reverse! He should have boosted it
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.