Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my heated 60 gal aux tool box tank in today. When I got it home I opened it up and it looked a bit scratched up. Now I have no illusion that it will not get scratches on it eventially but shouldn't I be the one to put them on it? Also, along the tank portion of it there is like aa area that it appears the chrome diamond plate is dulled, worn, or whatever. Is it suppose to look like this.

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
No it should not look like that...probably a shipping issue and that will be hard to fight.
BUT, do like i am and get it covered in Line-X and it will be good as new.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally I was going to go with the cheaper smooth side tank and have it sprayed but I liked the look of the diamond plate. I may still go that route now that i have this issue. I'll need to set the tank in the bed and see how noticable it really is to other people when its not pointed out to them.

Since I didn't open it up and inspect it when I picked it up at the shippers depot I'm probably screwed. The other thing would be that if I was successful in a claim then I'd be out of a tank until another one was made. I've already had my Vegistroke kit delayed and don't won't to be waiting another 5 weeks for another tank. So far, this project has been anything but smooth.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
id put it in. then check. sometimes things just look better in there place. if it doesnt look right take it out and paint it.

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Originally I was going to go with the cheaper smooth side tank and have it sprayed but I liked the look of the diamond plate. I may still go that route now that i have this issue. I'll need to set the tank in the bed and see how noticable it really is to other people when its not pointed out to them.

Since I didn't open it up and inspect it when I picked it up at the shippers depot I'm probably screwed. The other thing would be that if I was successful in a claim then I'd be out of a tank until another one was made. I've already had my Vegistroke kit delayed and don't won't to be waiting another 5 weeks for another tank. So far, this project has been anything but smooth.
There will be lots of little bumps in the road along this journey...be patient and don't give up! :thumb:

·
Registered
424 Posts
Take more photos. Call RDS in Perry, Florida at 850-584-6898 and complain and email them to them. IMO it's not worth sending it back but maybe you can have some $$ refunded to you. Damaged goods. I have an RDS tank and mine had minor in-transit blemishes. I said nothing. Two years later it's not an issue.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Take more photos. Call RDS in Perry, Florida at 850-584-6898 and complain and email them to them. IMO it's not worth sending it back but maybe you can have some $$ refunded to you. Damaged goods. I have an RDS tank and mine had minor in-transit blemishes. I said nothing. Two years later it's not an issue.
Well for sure it wasn't damaged during transit. No way those are "rub" marks but as you said, two years later, it won't be an issue. I had a few people that didn't have the issue pointed out to them look at the tank after setting it up in the truck. No one noticed. Its not that noticable from a distance.... well, I notice it but.... :rofl:

I can say that now that 24 hours has passed its less of an issue to me than it was when I first saw it. I'm sure as time continues to pass it'll become a non issue.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
put it in the truck then throw some of your tools at the box and make it look like a truck! hahaha :)

I am the same as you, the little dings and scratches drive me CRAZY! but really its only me that notices. now if there was a huge dent in it, people notice that stuff, but dont notice the little things.

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
My brother always told me
"don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things" LMAO

1 - 10 of 10 Posts