Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys , new to the forum and still learnin all the diesel talk......I have a buddy that has some used injectors and turbo thats been layn ard for acouple of years that wasn't on his truck very long....He saw he needed more fuel and air so he upgraded....He wants $2800 for a set of Stage 3 Hybird Mini Me Injectors with a 200% nozzle on them(One has a broken tip that needs to be changed) and he also has a Garrett 42R that he'll sale me....I have no idea what these thing go for nowadays.....does $2800 sound good ???

I already have a AFE Stage II intake,BTS Trans, Gauges and Dp Tuner Right now......I will be getn a FASS or Airdog system hopefully soon....he also suggested some H11 Head Studs

Thank you for your help guys

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
nope.
im guessing he means garret 38r? there isnt a 42r turbo lol
pick up a new 38r new for like 1300$
get rebuilt hybrids (stage 3) for like 1800 from rosewood and know that the injectors are good.

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
and im wondering what he needed more fuel for because hybrids are 200% more fuel than stock!
and a 38r is a heck of turbo.
i wouldnt buy stuff thats been lying around no offense to your buddy

·
Registered
199 Posts
nope.<br />
im guessing he means garret 38r? there isnt a 42r turbo lol<br />
pick up a new 38r new for like 1300$<br />
get rebuilt hybrids (stage 3) for like 1800 from rosewood and know that the injectors are good.
There is a 42R but it is also called the GT4094R, there is a few guys running one over on powerstrokenation, I am not sure how it compares to the 38R though.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC while wasting time at work...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well he went to a 45 turbo, basiclly one of a semi truck from what he told me and went with stage 5 injectors....he has alot of motor work done.....said the 42 pushs way more air than the 38....we have a local shop that'll sell me reman 250/200 hybrids for 1850 with a 18 month warrenty....

they also priced me 1500 - 1600 for a fuel bowl delete,RR, pre & post filters and a fuelab pump.....( does that sound right )

Thanks for all the help....

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Who made these injectors? Regardless, thats a LOT of fuel.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I forgot who he said did the work...he sent his motor off to Nevada "I think"...not real sure, I'll have to ask again....I believe he said he's around 800hp but needs a better tune.....he plans to take it to Beans Diesel to get it tuned better.....

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
beans diesel is def a good start for "more". I cant think of any good injector guys in NV though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea not sure....he mentioned Nevada and Salt Lake City and one other place.....

So 2800 doesnt sound good for those injectors and that 42 Turbo ??

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
The turbo I cant speak for.. I think I'm still unclear as to what it is. The injectors, depends on what kind they are. Also depends on your truck-year. If you have pmr's, then all your gonna want is 450whp anyways or else it goes kaboom. 450whp is possible on stock hpop and stock turbo w/ stage II's.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a 99........I don't want huge power as its a lifted truck....jus want some extra hp and he had this stuff and offered it to me for that price.....

·
Registered
199 Posts
I did a little research and you would be better off with the 38r turbo if you are just looking for some extra hp, a 42r takes a lot more to spool and can really lag when used as a daily driver. I may be wrong but after searching around i would pass on the 42r unless you're really lookin to put down some hp

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Then drop $1200 on some Rosewoods stage II's and get custom beans tuning and you'll be sitting around 450whp/900ft-lbs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok.....thanks for the input guys....thanks what i needed to know.....dont really wanna go crazy hp like he did......do yall think thats a decent price for the fuel setup i mentioned above???

Again thanks for all the help

·
Registered
199 Posts
Ok.....thanks for the input guys....thanks what i needed to know.....dont really wanna go crazy hp like he did......do yall think thats a decent price for the fuel setup i mentioned above???

Again thanks for all the help
No problem! The fuel setup I don't know too much about price wise. I know the bowl delete RR system runs about $600 shipped from Strictly Diesel but I have not looked into pumps yet

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
fass n airdog wont do a damn thing. In fact, they dont work with 7.3's. They dont supply the pressure we need.

Why the hell are you going on and on about all these bull**** mods you dont need to make a few hp over stock? Why do you need more fuel for a little hp over stock??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've seen FASS and AirDog systems for 7.3's online.....Not even sure what pressure is needed since I'm learnin all this ****

I was told by DP tuner that with the 120 race tune I have A fuel system would be needed to see FULL potential.....

Didn't say I was lookn for alittle over stock...I just don't want to go Crazy on it

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Sure maybe the try selling their PRODUCT to people w/ 7.3's, but they dont supply enough pressure. If you want a better fuel system, which is totally UNNEEDED for a 7.3 w/ 400hp, go for a full regulated return and do it the right way. Kits are about $1,000.

DP tuner is wrong. You dont need more fuel to use a chip.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts